Leavenworth, Kansas: C.W. Parker Carousel Museum
An old carousel factory has examples of its work on exhibit, including at least one that you can ride.
- 320 S. Esplanade St., Leavenworth, KS
- Downtown, along the river. From US Hwy 73/4th St. turn east onto Shawnee St, drive three blocks, then turn right onto Esplanade St. and drive south three blocks. On the right.
- Th- Sa 11 am - 5 pm, Su 1-5 pm. Closed January. (Call to verify)
- Guided tours are $6.00 , rides $1.25 each
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
C.W. Parker Carousel Museum
Visitor Tips and News About C.W. Parker Carousel Museum
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Informative 15 minute video history of carousels. One room dedicated to many different carousel manufacturers. Ride arguably the fastest carousel in the country, 1913 #118 Parker carousel. See the oldest operating carousel in the country, the 1850 Primitive. Home of C.W. Parker, largest manufacturer of carousels in the country. Also houses the National Carousel Association archives.
[Pauline Graeber, 09/03/2012]
C. W. Parker Carousel Museum
C.W. Parker built many carousels in his day and was quite good at promoting his business. The admission price to the museum includes a ride on his 1913 carousel. Also included is a hand-cranked carousel dating to the 1850's. It may be the oldest working carousel in the world. The museum is run by volunteers and they're very friendly.
[Andrea DeHart, 07/08/2006]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Largest Ball Of String, Not Twine, Weston, MO - 7 mi.
- Truman's Plow, Agricultural Hall of Fame, Bonner Springs, KS - 15 mi.
- T-Rex Skeleton on the Attack, Kansas City, KS - 14 mi.
- In the region: Rhino Tombstone, Liberty, MO - 26 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 24, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Kansas Latest Tips and Stories
- Backyard Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
- Statue of Liberty and other Tree Trunk Statues, Garnett, Kansas
- Pioneer Mother of Kansas, Liberal, Kansas
- Lighthouse Library, Dexter, Kansas
- Caldwell Box Turtle, Caldwell, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Return of the World's Largest Spitting Clam, Long Beach, Washington
- Mighty Mississippi Prize Fight, Kenner, Louisiana
- Madonna of the Trail, Bethesda, Maryland
- Atomic Mouse of Georgia, Ringgold, Georgia
- 20th Century Veterans' Memorial, North Platte, Nebraska
Latest Visitor Tips