Lajitas, Texas: Abandoned Contrabando Movie Set
Used for the filming of the John Sayles' 1996 movie "Lone Star," a border town murder-mystery.
- Hwy 170, Lajitas, TX
- West of Lajitas 9.5 miles on Hwy 170, on the south side, within easy walking distance, on the Rio Grande. Look for the closed gate with the small "Contrabando" name suspended over the top.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Abandoned Contrabando Movie Set
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Abandoned Contrabando Movie Set
This is an abandoned movie set from the movie Lone Star. It looks like an old west village tucked alongside the Rio Grande River. It is a few miles west of Lajitas on Highway 170 along the Texas-New Mexico Border. It is very visible from the road and within easy walking distance. The set is right on the Rio Grande.
[Jason Myers, 08/10/2006]
October 4, 2015
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Chicken S**t Bingo, Austin, Texas
- La Casa de Asucar - House of Sugar, El Paso, Texas
- San Jacinto Monument: Tallest Shaft in the U.S., La Porte, Texas
- Bicycle Tree, Fort Worth, Texas
- Cathedral of Junk, Austin, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Circus and Carnival Mini-Museum, Moundsville, West Virginia
- Galoop, Gallup, New Mexico
- Cave Of The Mounds, Blue Mounds, Wisconsin
- American Museum of Tort Law, Winsted, Connecticut
- Lake Placid Tower, Lake Placid, Florida