Waverly, Virginia: Oldest Peanut Museum in the U.S.And quite possibly the only peanut museum in the U.S.
Miles B. Carpenter Museum
- 201 Hunter St., Waverly, VA
- Miles B. Carpenter Museum. I-95 exit 3. East on US 460 for 17 miles. Come into town, cross Spring Branch Rd/Hwy 653, then make a sharp left onto Hunter St. One block to the Museum. The Peanut Museum has its own building in back of the Miles B. Carpenter Museum.
Visitor Tips and News About Oldest Peanut Museum in the U.S.
Oldest Peanut Museum in the U.S. (in the heart of VA's peanut country).[Julie C. Grimes, 06/25/1997]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- U.S. Army Women's Museum, Fort Lee, VA - 20 mi.
- House Built of Old Tombstones, Petersburg, VA - 22 mi.
- Trapezium House, Petersburg, VA - 22 mi.
- Pamplin Historical Park - Virtual Civil War Battle, Petersburg, VA - 24 mi.