Waverly, Virginia: Oldest Peanut Museum in the U.S.
And quite possibly the only peanut museum in the U.S.
Miles B. Carpenter Museum
- 201 Hunter St., Waverly, VA
- Miles B. Carpenter Museum. I-95 exit 3. East on US 460 for 17 miles. Come into town, cross Spring Branch Rd/Hwy 653, then make a sharp left onto Hunter St. One block to the Museum. The Peanut Museum has its own building in back of the Miles B. Carpenter Museum.
Oldest Peanut Museum
Visitor Tips and News About Oldest Peanut Museum in the U.S.
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Oldest Peanut Museum in the U.S. (in the heart of VA's peanut country).
[Julie C. Grimes, 06/25/1997]
September 25, 2016
Virginia Latest Tips and Stories
- Chincoteague Big Viking, Chincoteague, Virginia
- Sheet Metal Cowboy, Falls Church, Virginia
- Man with Tail Eating from a Can, Falls Church, Virginia
- Statue of Man Feeding Pigs, Falls Church, Virginia
- Man Slopping Pigs Statue, Falls Church, Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Pinkerton Hot Springs, Durango, Colorado
- Ghost Fleet of Navy Ships, Bremerton, Washington
- Moai Dude: Laid-Back Easter Island Head, Altoona, Iowa
- Old Mobil Gas Station, Bunker Hill, Kansas
- Montezuma Castle Indian Ruins, Camp Verde, Arizona