Waverly, Virginia: Oldest Peanut Museum in the U.S.
And quite possibly the only peanut museum in the U.S.
Miles B. Carpenter Museum
- 201 Hunter St., Waverly, VA
- Miles B. Carpenter Museum. I-95 exit 3. East on US 460 for 17 miles. Come into town, cross Spring Branch Rd/Hwy 653, then make a sharp left onto Hunter St. One block to the Museum. The Peanut Museum has its own building in back of the Miles B. Carpenter Museum.
Oldest Peanut Museum
Visitor Tips and News About Oldest Peanut Museum in the U.S.
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Oldest Peanut Museum in the U.S. (in the heart of VA's peanut country).
[Julie C. Grimes, 06/25/1997]
December 1, 2015
Virginia Latest Tips and Stories
- Lewis and Clark Starting Point Geodetic Marker, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Elefly or Butterphant?, Norfolk, Virginia
- Big Horse Head Outside Apt. Building, Fairfax, Virginia
- Brick Company 9/11 Memorial, Salem, Virginia
- Big Viking, Chincoteague, Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Museum of Wonder, Seale, Alabama
- Grave of The Mother of the Mother Road, Hydro, Oklahoma
- Lucille's Famous Route 66 Gas Station, Hydro, Oklahoma
- City of Ten Thousand Buddhas, Ukiah, California
- Feature: George Jones Museum, Nashville, Tennessee