Waverly, Virginia: Oldest Peanut Museum in the U.S.
And quite possibly also the only peanut museum in the U.S.
Miles B. Carpenter Museum
- 201 Hunter St., Waverly, VA
- Miles B. Carpenter Museum. I-95 exit 3. East on US 460 for 17 miles. Come into town, cross Spring Branch Rd/Hwy 653, then make a sharp left onto Hunter St. One block to the Museum. The Peanut Museum has its own building in back of the Miles B. Carpenter Museum.
Oldest Peanut Museum
Visitor Tips and News About Oldest Peanut Museum in the U.S.
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Oldest Peanut Museum in the U.S. (in the heart of VA's peanut country).
[Julie C. Grimes, 06/25/1997]
February 20, 2017
Virginia Latest Tips and Stories
- Giant Watering Can and Flower Pots, Staunton, Virginia
- National Museum of the Marine Corps, Quantico, Virginia
- Iwo Jima Statue, Triangle, Virginia
- Staff Sgt. Reckless, Quantico, Virginia
- Big Walker Lookout, Wytheville, Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Magic Garden, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Giant Cocktail Imperial Liquor Store, Lexington, Kentucky
- Feature: Sit with Roger Ebert, Champaign, Illinois
- Hawaii's Plantation Village, Waipahu, Hawaii
- House with Skeletons on the Roof, San Diego, California