Waverly, Virginia: Oldest Peanut Museum in the U.S.
And quite possibly the only peanut museum in the U.S.
Miles B. Carpenter Museum
- 201 Hunter St., Waverly, VA
- Miles B. Carpenter Museum. I-95 exit 3. East on US 460 for 17 miles. Come into town, cross Spring Branch Rd/Hwy 653, then make a sharp left onto Hunter St. One block to the Museum. The Peanut Museum has its own building in back of the Miles B. Carpenter Museum.
Oldest Peanut Museum
Visitor Tips and News About Oldest Peanut Museum in the U.S.
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Oldest Peanut Museum in the U.S. (in the heart of VA's peanut country).
[Julie C. Grimes, 06/25/1997]
February 6, 2016
Virginia Latest Tips and Stories
- Tiny Church: All Faiths Chapel, Doswell, Virginia
- Dinosaur Kingdom, Natural Bridge, Virginia
- Birthplace of County Music Museum, Bristol, Virginia
- Moo Thru Ice Cream Cow, Remington, Virginia
- Lewis and Clark Starting Point Geodetic Marker, Charlottesville, Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Memorial to Doomed Space Shuttle Astronaut, Beaufort, North Carolina
- 20-Foot-Tall Wooden Nickel, Carl's Corner, Texas
- Seated Native American Statue, Roosevelt, Utah
- James Dean Birth Site Memorial, Marion, Indiana
- Biosphere 2, Oracle, Arizona