Waverly, Virginia: Oldest Peanut Museum in the U.S.
And quite possibly the only peanut museum in the U.S.
Miles B. Carpenter Museum
- 201 Hunter St., Waverly, VA
- Miles B. Carpenter Museum. I-95 exit 3. East on US 460 for 17 miles. Come into town, cross Spring Branch Rd/Hwy 653, then make a sharp left onto Hunter St. One block to the Museum. The Peanut Museum has its own building in back of the Miles B. Carpenter Museum.
Oldest Peanut Museum
Visitor Tips and News About Oldest Peanut Museum in the U.S.
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Oldest Peanut Museum in the U.S. (in the heart of VA's peanut country).
[Julie C. Grimes, 06/25/1997]
July 26, 2016
Virginia Latest Tips and Stories
- Graffiti House - Civil War Cavalry Battle Hospital, Brandy Station, Virginia
- 1792 Lighthouse: Climb to the Top, Fort Story, Virginia
- Partial Stonehenge, Cave Spring, Virginia
- Foamhenge, Natural Bridge, Virginia
- Death Site of Lincoln's Assassin, Port Royal, Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Catfish Capital, Statue, and Museum, Belzoni, Mississippi
- Deer Butt Mailbox, Tennyson, Wisconsin
- Eastbound: The Golden Stripe, Blue Earth, Minnesota
- World's Smallest Railroad Diner, Trumansburg, New York
- Shoe Tree, Virginia City, Nevada