Pipestone, Minnesota: The Old Stone Face
A miraculous natural rock formation, helpfully positioned behind a sign that calls attention to its face-like qualities.
Pipestone National Monument
- W. Reservation Ave., Pipestone, MN
- Pipestone National Monument. From US Hwy 75 turn west onto 9th St., drive into the park to the parking area, then walk the trail (around 1000 feet) to the Stone Face.
- Daily 8 am - 5 pm. (Call to verify)
The Old Stone Face
Visitor Tips and News About The Old Stone Face
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
"The Old Stone Face" is a natural rock formation located at the Pipestone National Monument. It is on the walking trail in the monument. Travel the 3/4-mile Circle Trail through native prairie to the pipestone quarries and Winnewissa Falls. Visit the Upper Midwest Indian Cultural Center and watch the cultural demonstrations. [Brenda, 08/23/2006]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
January 26, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- 45th Parallel Marker, Golden Valley, Minnesota
- Commercial Diver Memorial, Plymouth, Minnesota
- Polar Bear and Seal, Winger, Minnesota
- Birthplace of F. Scott Fitzgerald, St. Paul, Minnesota
- House of Balls, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 30-Foot-Tall Native American Head, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
- Zinc Civil War Soldier, Graves of Interest, Iola, Kansas
- Large Bird Fighting a Snake, Fort Pierce, Florida
- Pirate Statue, Otway, North Carolina
- Stuffed Moray Eel in Appliance Store, Glenview, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips