Pipestone, Minnesota: The Old Stone Face
A miraculous natural rock formation, helpfully positioned behind a sign that calls attention to its face-like qualities.
Pipestone National Monument
- W. Reservation Ave., Pipestone, MN
- Pipestone National Monument. From US Hwy 75 turn west onto 9th St., drive into the park to the parking area, then walk the trail (around 1000 feet) to the Stone Face.
- Daily 8 am - 5 pm. (Call to verify)
The Old Stone Face
Visitor Tips and News About The Old Stone Face
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
"The Old Stone Face" is a natural rock formation located at the Pipestone National Monument. It is on the walking trail in the monument. Travel the 3/4-mile Circle Trail through native prairie to the pipestone quarries and Winnewissa Falls. Visit the Upper Midwest Indian Cultural Center and watch the cultural demonstrations. [Brenda, 08/23/2006]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 24, 2014
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Northernmost School in the Contiguous (Lower 48) States, Angle Inlet, Minnesota
- Northernmost Post Office in the Lower 48 States, Angle Inlet, Minnesota
- Jolly Green Giant, Blue Earth, Minnesota
- Bench for "You Can't Always Get What You Want" Man, Excelsior, Minnesota
- Paul Bunyan's Chair and Tin Man, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Ivenergy Wind Farm Turbine Blade, Judith Gap, Montana
- Ryegate Testicle Festival, Ryegate, Montana
- Liquor Store Indian, Mandan, North Dakota
- Muensterberg Plaza and Clock Tower, Berne, Indiana
- Twist O' The Mist, Niagara Falls, New York
Latest Visitor Tips