Pipestone, Minnesota: The Old Stone FaceA miraculous natural rock formation, helpfully positioned behind a sign that calls attention to its face-like qualities.
Pipestone National Monument
- W. Reservation Ave., Pipestone, MN
- Pipestone National Monument. From US Hwy 75 turn west onto 9th St., drive into the park to the parking area, then walk the trail (around 1000 feet) to the Stone Face.
- Daily 8 am - 5 pm. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About The Old Stone Face
"The Old Stone Face" is a natural rock formation located at the Pipestone National Monument. It is on the walking trail in the monument. Travel the 3/4-mile Circle Trail through native prairie to the pipestone quarries and Winnewissa Falls. Visit the Upper Midwest Indian Cultural Center and watch the cultural demonstrations.[Brenda, 08/23/2006]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Big Peace Pipe, Pipestone, MN - < 1 mi.
- Antique Windmills of Earth, Jasper, MN - 10 mi.
- Relics of a Mad Elephant, Elkton, SD - 17 mi.
- Collapsed "In God We Trust" Water Tank Tornado Memorial, Chandler, MN - 19 mi.