Blair, Nebraska: Tower of the Four Winds
44 feet tall, it's a memorial to author John G. Neihardt and Black Elk, Lakota Sioux holy man.
Black Elk-Neihardt Park
- 32nd St., Blair, NE
- Hwy 30 north from town to juncture with Hwy 75; continue north to Wright St. (stoplight) turn left (west). Wright St. eventually turns into College Drive. Take College Drive all the way up to the top of the hill, past Dana College. Black Elk Neihardt Park is at about 32nd St. and College Drive.
Tower of the Four Winds
Visitor Tips and News About Tower of the Four Winds
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This 44-foot tower in Black Elk-Neihardt Park stands as a memorial to John G. Neihardt and Black Elk, the Lakota Sioux holy man. The tower features a mosaic that depicts Black Elk's message of peace and unity for all people. Along a paved walking trail, mosaic markers continue the "theme" of Black Elk's vision. The park also features a unique covered picnic shelterand great views of the Washington County countryside.
[M.G. Rice, 08/27/2006]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 8, 2013
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Nebraska Latest Tips and Stories
- Chadron Fur Trade Days, Chadron, Nebraska
- Lighthouse In Landlocked Nebraska, Gretna, Nebraska
- Small Police Station, Friend, Nebraska
- River Country Nature Center: Taxidermy Chicken Coop, Nebraska City, Nebraska
- German POW Urinal, Minden, Nebraska
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Adlai Stevenson II Resting, Bloomington, Illinois
- Miller Park Artillery, Bloomington, Illinois
- Longest Epitaph In Granite, Bloomington, Illinois
- Coffinwood, Pahrump, Nevada
- White Squirrels of the Pacific, Dana Point, California
Latest Visitor Tips