Syracuse, Nebraska: Otoe County Museum of MemoriesThe only place to go if you want to see what the people of Otoe County don't want to forget, such as dead animals, arrowheads, and the old church bell.
- 366 Poplar St., Syracuse, NE
- South side of town. One block west of Hwy 50, on the south side of 5th St.
- Summer Su 1:30-4 pm, or by appt. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Otoe County Museum of Memories
This museum was founded in the 1970s by a group of local women. It is housed in an old church, parsonage and additional building. The displays have obviously been pieced together (using donations) with much love by a group of long-time volunteers. Exhibits range from a huge collection of taxidermy to Native American artifacts found in local creek beds to small reproductions of old-time stores and businesses. They also have a few small souvenirs for sale.
Don't forget to ask to ring the church bell![AJO, 09/08/2006]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Unadilla Bill, Dead Weather Groundhog, Unadilla, NE - 5 mi.
- Tombstone Shaped like a Desk, Nebraska City, NE - 16 mi.
- John Brown's Cave and Secret Tunnels, Nebraska City, NE - 16 mi.
- River Country Nature Center: Taxidermy Chicken Coop, Nebraska City, NE - 17 mi.