Syracuse, Nebraska: Otoe County Museum of Memories
The only place to go if you want to see what the people of Otoe County don't want to forget, such as dead animals, arrowheads, and the old church bell.
- 366 Poplar St., Syracuse, NE
- South side of town. One block west of Hwy 50, on the south side of 5th St.
- Summer Su 1:30-4 pm, or by appt. (Call to verify)
Otoe County Museum of Memories
Visitor Tips and News About Otoe County Museum of Memories
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This museum was founded in the 1970s by a group of local women. It is housed in an old church, parsonage and additional building. The displays have obviously been pieced together (using donations) with much love by a group of long-time volunteers. Exhibits range from a huge collection of taxidermy to Native American artifacts found in local creek beds to small reproductions of old-time stores and businesses. They also have a few small souvenirs for sale.
Don't forget to ask to ring the church bell!
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 24, 2014
Nebraska Latest Tips and Stories
- 20th Century Veterans' Memorial, North Platte, Nebraska
- Muffler Man - Indian, North Platte, Nebraska
- The Les Vilda Presidential Museum and Library, Wilber, Nebraska
- Chadron Fur Trade Days, Chadron, Nebraska
- Lighthouse In Landlocked Nebraska, Gretna, Nebraska
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Burma Shave Signs, Pontiac, Illinois
- Water Tower That Looks Like Castle Tower, Brainerd, Minnesota
- Return of the World's Largest Spitting Clam, Long Beach, Washington
- Mighty Mississippi Prize Fight, Kenner, Louisiana
- Madonna of the Trail, Bethesda, Maryland
Latest Visitor Tips