Traverse City, Michigan: High and Dry 45th Parallel MarkerThe Parallel is actually about a mile north, but that's in Grand Traverse Bay and impractical for a sign.
- 20999 Center Rd, Traverse City, MI
- From Traverse City drive north on Hwy 37/Peninsula Drive/Center Rd for 18 miles until it ends. The sign is at the lighthouse at the tip of the Old Mission Peninsula.
Visitor Tips and News About High and Dry 45th Parallel Marker
After a thwarted attempt at finding the big Cherry Pie, the family poses at a sign marking the halfway point between the North Pole and the Equator.
Where else does the sun set at 10:00pm?[Happy Roadsiders in Upper Michigan, 09/12/2006]
The 45th Parallel is actually about a mile north of here, but that's in Grand Traverse Bay and impractical for a sign.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Big Swan Statue, Elk Rapids, MI - 7 mi.
- Monument to the Dean of Michigan's Tourism Activity, Kewadin, MI - 7 mi.
- Wayside Chapel, Atwood, MI - 15 mi.
- In the region: Archangel Grotto, Petoskey, MI - 40 mi.