Helena, Texas: Black Diamond's Leg
Karnes County Museum
- 8167 N. FM 81, Helena, TX
- Seven miles northeast of Karnes City on Hwy 80. Turn right (east) onto and FR 81, then turn right at the brown Historical Marker sign onto the museum grounds.
- Tu-Sa 9 am - 5 pm. Su 1 -5 pm.pm. (Call to verify)
Killer elephant Black Diamond's leg, with bullet holes, is on display in the old, small, Helena post office, part of the sprawling Karnes County Museum complex, which is most of the downtown ghost town of Helena. Roadsideamerica.com Report...
Visitor Tips and News About Black Diamond's Leg
Black Diamond's Leg, with bullet holes in it, is on display in small museum in Helena, Karnes County, Texas.[nehemiah, 09/24/2006]
Here's more on the unfortunate tale of Black Diamond.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Famous Hanging Tree, Goliad, TX - 33 mi.
- World's Second Largest Mobile Pecan, Seguin, TX - 43 mi.
- World's Oldest Largest Pecan, Seguin, TX - 44 mi.
- Menger Hotel Bar - Bullet Holes, Rough Riders, House of Lords, San Antonio, TX - 52 mi.