Streator, Illinois: Statue of the Coffee Pot Lady
With their steaming tankards, coffee pot ladies gave the battle-bound GIs of World War II the fuel they needed to whomp the Axis.
- N. Illinois St., Streator, IL
- I-39 exit 41 onto Hwy 18. East 12 miles to Streator. Hwy 18 turns into Main St.; Canteen Monument is at the Santa Fe Burlington Northern Depot a block north of Main on N. Illinois.
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
Coffee Pot Lady
Visitor Tips and News About Statue of the Coffee Pot Lady
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
We stopped at the coffee pot lady statue on our way through town. The coffee pot lady was ready to serve passing soldiers. Statue is on N. Illinois Street, near the old train station a block north of Main Street.
WWII Coffee Pot Lady Statue
The WWII Coffee Pot Lady Statue serves a man in uniform.
[Peggy Clydesdale, 05/24/2009]
Coffee Pot Lady Unveiled in Illinois
Coffee pot ladies were volunteers, often middle-aged, who greeted troop trains during World War II with sandwiches and large, steel pots of steaming coffee. Long forgotten, these unsung heroines of The Good War have now been honored in Streator, Illinois.... [12/02/2006] Complete News Story
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 30, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Illinois Latest Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Knitting Needles, Casey, Illinois
- Shoe Tree, Highland Park, Illinois
- Huge Wooden Colonial Guy, St. Charles, Illinois
- Buck Rogers-esque Water Tower, Makanda, Illinois
- Tiny Church - The Traveler's Chapel, Nashville, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Tiny Church, Kahaluu-Keauhou, Big Island, Hawaii
- Gold King Mine Museum - Old West Junkyard, Jerome, Arizona
- Comic Rockstars Toilet Seat Museum, San Francisco, California
- Backyard Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
- Future Birthplace of James T. Kirk, Riverside, Iowa
Latest Visitor Tips