Holdrege, Nebraska: Faceless Fred the Ghost
The lingering spirit reportedly throws pots and pans in a restaurant built atop the old well where his face-shorn corpse was dumped.
The Speak Easy
- 72993 S Rd, Holdrege, NE
- The Speak Easy. Midway between Holdrege to the northwest and Wilcox to the southeast -- roughly six miles from each -- at the corner of S Rd and 730 Rd. Caution: Street address is not handled accurately in some GPS devices.
- T-Su 5-9 pm. (Call to verify)
Faceless Fred the Ghost
Visitor Tips and News About Faceless Fred the Ghost
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Also of interest is The Speak Easy restaurant in the town of Sacramento, Nebraska. Town population is about 5, I think. The steakhouse, located about 15 miles from any other town, has wonderful food and a ghost named "Faceless Fred."
It is hard to keep help, as Faceless Fred shuts waitresses in the walk-in freezer and throws pots and pans. I have friends who have worked there and they all swear he is real.... and the food is great.
[Jan Fower, 12/03/2006]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
January 28, 2015
Nebraska Latest Tips and Stories
- Titan 1 Missile, Kimball, Nebraska
- Freedom Park - Military Might, Omaha, Nebraska
- Sod House, Gothenburg, Nebraska
- Pioneer Pete the Rooster, Lincoln, Nebraska
- Fall of Saigon, Recreated, Lexington, Nebraska
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 30-Foot-Tall Native American Head, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
- Zinc Civil War Soldier, Graves of Interest, Iola, Kansas
- Large Bird Fighting a Snake, Fort Pierce, Florida
- Pirate Statue, Otway, North Carolina
- Stuffed Moray Eel in Appliance Store, Glenview, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips