Waynesboro, Georgia: Bird Dog CemeteryCemetery for privileged bird dogs, that belonged to Henry Berol, heir to the Eagle Pencil Co. fortune.
- Herndon Road, Waynesboro, GA
- Di-Lane Plantation Wildlife Management Area. From Waynesboro take 4th Ave./Herndon Rd south 10 miles. Follow signs to the check station on the right, and ask for directions to the cemetery.
- Daylight hours. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Bird Dog Cemetery
The Bird Dog Cemetery contains around 75 headstones for field trial bird dogs with epitaphs like "a wonderful bitch with a sad ending."[Liz, 01/17/2007]
To be precise, it's a cemetery for millionaire bird dogs, as they all belonged to Henry Berol, heir to the Eagle Pencil Co. fortune.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Wayward Kentucky Fried Chicken Bucket, Keysville, GA - 16 mi.
- Hitler's Telephone: U.S. Army Signal Corps Museum, Fort Gordon, GA - 33 mi.
- Big Cup, Augusta, GA - 35 mi.
- Georgia's Oldest Jail: VP Aaron Burr Imprisoned Here, Warthen, GA - 44 mi.