Eldred, Pennsylvania: Eldred World War II Museum - Munitions Plant
Dedicated to the people who made the bombs that beat the Nazis. Museum features a tank bursting through the side of the building, and a Rosie the Riveter in stained glass.
- 201 Main St., Eldred, PA
- 85 miles south of Niagara Falls, New York.
- Tu-Sa 10am - 4pm Su 1pm - 4 pm. (Call to verify)
- Free, Donation,
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Eldred WWII Museum
Visitor Tips and News About Eldred World War II Museum - Munitions Plant
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This is a great World War II museum. Its outside is painted as though a tank is breaking through the wall. Inside there's a Rosie the Riveter stained glass window, and displays of the munitions that were manufactured at a plant in town during the war.
[John M Jones, 08/29/2012]
Eldred World War II Museum - Munitions Plant
The British and American munitions plant churned out eight million bombs, mortar shells and fuses during World War II. Fifteen hundred people worked there, 24 hours a day, from January 1942 to May 1945, supporting the war effort. The Eldred World War II Museum opened on Memorial Day, 1996, dedicated to the memory of the local people who worked in the plant and those who served overseas during the war.
[Dale Berridge, 02/27/2007]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
August 22, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Pennsylvania Latest Tips and Stories
- Time Warp: Abe Lincoln Meets Perry Como, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- Bicycle Heaven Museum, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Night of the Living Dead Cemetery, Evans City, Pennsylvania
- Statue Of Liberfrog, Erie, Pennsylvania
- Praying Founding Fathers Statues, Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Image of Jesus Christ on a Tree, Rochester, New York
- Carson Mansion - Quintessential Haunted House, Eureka, California
- Chrome Longhorn Sculpture, Johnson City, Texas
- President Clinton, Train Engineer, Hope, Arkansas
- Duck Dynasty Headquarters, Monroe, Louisiana
Latest Visitor Tips