Huntington, West Virginia: J. Taylor Auto Collection
WV's only automobile museum. Eclectic exhibit of cars; the owner gives personal tours when he's not busy in his auto parts shop.
- 1404 Washington Ave., Huntington, WV
- Downtown. I-64 exit 6, north on US 52 a half-mile, then exit onto Adams Ave./US 60. Turn left onto 14th St. Collection is one block north, at the corner of 14th St. and Washington Ave., just down the block from Taylor's Auto Parts.
- Th 5-9 pm, Sa 10 am - 6 pm, and by appointment. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
J. Taylor Auto Collection
Visitor Tips and News About J. Taylor Auto Collection
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Incredible collection of old cars from the early 1900s on. I first checked this out on 12/26/06 and it is great. Stopped back by on 2/17/07 and went through it again. Jimmie Taylor is great. He took the time to tell me the history of each car in the collection. Free admission but you should call to make sure he is in before you stop by since it's only open when he's at the shop.
[James Chambers, 02/27/2007]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
August 20, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
West Virginia Latest Tips and Stories
- Hillbilly Hot Dogs, Lesage, West Virginia
- Monument to James Rumsey, Father of Steam, Shepherdstown, West Virginia
- The Congressional Bunker, White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia
- Don Knotts Star, Morgantown, West Virginia
- West Virginia State Penitentiary Tour, Moundsville, West Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Carson Mansion - Quintessential Haunted House, Eureka, California
- Chrome Longhorn Sculpture, Johnson City, Texas
- President Clinton, Train Engineer, Hope, Arkansas
- Duck Dynasty Headquarters, Monroe, Louisiana
- Mary Todd Lincoln's Sanitarium Bed, Batavia, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips