Huntington, West Virginia: J. Taylor Auto CollectionWV's only automobile museum. Eclectic exhibit of cars; the owner gives personal tours when he's not busy in his auto parts shop.
- 1404 Washington Ave., Huntington, WV
- Downtown. I-64 exit 6, north on US 52 a half-mile, then exit onto Adams Ave./US 60. Turn left onto 14th St. Collection is one block north, at the corner of 14th St. and Washington Ave., just down the block from Taylor's Auto Parts.
- Th 5-9 pm, Sa 10 am - 6 pm, and by appointment. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About J. Taylor Auto Collection
Incredible collection of old cars from the early 1900s on. I first checked this out on 12/26/06 and it is great. Stopped back by on 2/17/07 and went through it again. Jimmie Taylor is great. He took the time to tell me the history of each car in the collection. Free admission but you should call to make sure he is in before you stop by since it's only open when he's at the shop.[James Chambers, 02/27/2007]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Museum of Radio and Technology, Huntington, WV - < 1 mi.
- The Pumpkin House: 3000 Jack-o-Lanterns, Kenova, WV - 5 mi.
- Pink And Green Giraffe, Huntington, WV - 6 mi.
- In the region: World's Largest Horse: West Virginia State Farm Museum, Point Pleasant, WV - 41 mi.