Sundance, Wyoming: Sundance Kid Jailed Here
This was horse thief Harry "Sundance Kid" Longabaugh's home town, and the jail where he served time. Outside the former jail, the town has erected a statue of the kid lounging in his cell.
- 309 Cleveland St., Sundance, WY
- The cell is in the basement of the old Crook County Courthouse, which is now the Crook County Museum. The statue stands outside, on the northeast corner of US Hwy 14/Cleveland St. and N. 3rd St.
- Mar-Dec M-F 8 am - 5 pm; M-Sa 8 am - 5 pm in summer (Call to verify)
Sundance Kid Jailed Here
Visitor Tips and News About Sundance Kid Jailed Here
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Where the Sundance Kid served 18 months in jail for stealing a slow horse. Visit the museum in the basement of the courthouse. Look at the original court papers. Sundance WY is where Sundance Kid was from. On the way to Devil's Tower.
[Allen Kenyon, 08/29/1998]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 25, 2013
Wyoming Latest Tips and Stories
- Big Statue of the Virgin Mary, Pine Bluffs, Wyoming
- Wyoming Territorial Prison, Laramie, Wyoming
- Ruins: Japanese Internment Camp, Willwood, Wyoming
- Rock Paper Scissors, Gillette, Wyoming
- Smallest Town In America, Buford, Wyoming
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips