Sedona, Arizona: Snoopy Rock and Lucy Rock
A telephoto lens and a vivid imagination turns one of Sedona's red rock escarpments into Snoopy sleeping atop his dog house.
- Little Lane, Sedona, AZ
- Difficult to get an unobstructed view close up. Try turning onto Little Lane off of Hwy 89 just north of its intersection with Hwy 179, and look to the east. Snoopy is the red rock pile in the distance just to the right of the bigger red rock pile.
Snoopy Rock and Lucy Rock
Visitor Tips and News About Snoopy Rock and Lucy Rock
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Many rock formations in Sedona are named for how they resemble things like Coffee Pot Rock. Some take a little bit of imagination to see the shape. But Snoopy Rock really, really looks like Snoopy lying on top of his dog house. What is even more amazing is that a rock formation in the profile of Lucy is near Snoopy Rock.
It doesn't take much to see these shapes. Even my husband, who doesn't have much of an imagination can see these shapes.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 23, 2013
Arizona Latest Tips and Stories
- Grave of Ernesto Miranda, Mesa, Arizona
- Rattlesnake Crafts, Elfrida, Arizona
- Meteor City Trading Post - World's Longest Map of Route 66, Meteor City, Arizona
- Big Baby, Goodyear, Arizona
- Garden of Gethsemane, Tucson, Arizona
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips