Cookeville, Tennessee: Pink ElephantA pink fiberglass elephant, usually wearing sun glasses -- and sometimes sporting a painted-on bikini. And coquettishly posing on water skis.
- 680 South Willow Ave., Cookeville, TN
- I-40 exit 286 (TN 135/S Willow St). Go north about 1 mile, just past Fairgrounds St. Statue is on the right near the street in the parking lot in front of a small business building. Lone Oak Dr turns to the left directly in front of the statue.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Pink Elephant
It was late one night of a road trip when I stopped in Cookeville for the night. On the way to the hotel, I spotted this giant pink elephant statue, on water skis, wearing sunglasses. My husband was asleep and missed it. He thought I was crazy, so the next morning I went back and took pictures.[Carolita Garcia, 04/18/2012]
Yep, we too had to stop and get a picture of the giant pink elephant we saw from quite the distance as we drove through Cookeville on our way to NC for Christmas.[Dorre, 08/16/2011]
She is still standing, with giant sun glasses, and is in great shape![Kim V, 12/03/2010]
The bikini has been painted over. It is now just a pink elephant with sunglasses.[Laine, 11/12/2010]
Driving through Cookeville on the way back to Oklahoma, we ventured off the interstate and caught a glimpse of the pink elephant. My picture did not turn out too well as we were driving, but she looks to be in very good shape especially compared to some other elephants I have seen.[Misty, 08/19/2009]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Grave of Dammit the Dog, Cookeville, TN - 2 mi.
- Hidden Hollow, Cookeville, TN - 5 mi.
- Hometown Monument to the First American Killed in Vietnam, Livingston, TN - 19 mi.
- In the region: The Minister's Tree House - Temporarily Closed, Crossville, TN - 31 mi.