Cookeville, Tennessee: Pink ElephantA pink fiberglass elephant, usually wearing sun glasses -- and sometimes sporting a painted-on bikini. And coquettishly posing on water skis.
- 680 South Willow Ave., Cookeville, TN
- I-40 exit 286 (TN 135/S Willow St). Go north about 1 mile, just past Fairgrounds St. Statue is on the right near the street in the parking lot in front of a small business building. Lone Oak Dr turns to the left directly in front of the statue.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Pink Elephant
Nifty. Felt silly taking pictures roadside, but I reckon it was worth it![Flapple, 07/25/2013]
Let yourself go...surrender to the photo op...
It was late one night of a road trip when I stopped in Cookeville for the night. On the way to the hotel, I spotted this giant pink elephant statue, on water skis, wearing sunglasses. My husband was asleep and missed it. He thought I was crazy, so the next morning I went back and took pictures.[Carolita Garcia, 04/18/2012]
Yep, we too had to stop and get a picture of the giant pink elephant we saw from quite the distance as we drove through Cookeville on our way to NC for Christmas.[Dorre, 08/16/2011]
She is still standing, with giant sun glasses, and is in great shape![Kim V, 12/03/2010]
The bikini has been painted over. It is now just a pink elephant with sunglasses.[Laine, 11/12/2010]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Grave of Dammit the Dog, Cookeville, TN - 2 mi.
- Hidden Hollow, Cookeville, TN - 5 mi.
- Hometown Monument to the First American Killed in Vietnam, Livingston, TN - 19 mi.
- In the region: Hank Williams Jr. Monday Night Football Jukebox, Murfreesboro, TN - 53 mi.