Dixon, Illinois: Only Statue of Lincoln in Uniform
It's the rather casual uniform of the Black Hawk War of 1832, but a uniform nevertheless. The 10 ft. tall bronze sculpted by Leonard Crunelle depicts Captain Lincoln at age 23. It was dedicated in 1930.
- Lincoln Statue Dr., Dixon, IL
- Just north of the Rock River, in a small park just west of US 52/N. Galena Ave. Turn west onto Lincoln Statue Drive.
Visitor Tips and News About Only Statue of Lincoln in Uniform
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Military Lincoln Statue
According to the travel brochure for NW Illinois, this is the only known statue of Lincoln in military dress. He is in his uniform from the Black Hawk War of 1832. [Melinda Bryan, 03/26/2007]
May 28, 2016
Illinois Latest Tips and Stories
- Darth Naper, Naperville, Illinois
- Woolly Mammoth: Curiosity Cabinet, Chicago, Illinois
- Big Bronze Roadrunner, Glen Ellyn, Illinois
- Octave Chanute Air Museum, Rantoul, Illinois
- Most Haunted U.S. Cemetery?, Midlothian, Illinois
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Reptile Gardens, Rapid City, South Dakota
- Dania Beach Wild Monkeys at Motel 6, Dania Beach, Florida
- Abandoned Town of Cisco, Cisco, Utah
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Route 66 Monument, Tucumcari, New Mexico