Lone Tree, Iowa: Neon Tree
A lone, neon tree sign encourages travelers to turn off of Hwy 22 -- not a very busy thoroughfare -- and into a small eastern Iowa town.
- Wapsi Ave. SE, Lone Tree, IA
- On the north side of Hwy 22, seven miles east of US Hwy 218 exit 80.
- Best seen at night.
Visitor Tips and News About Neon Tree
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
I grew up in Lone Tree, and the neon tree was always a favorite hometown site for me. The tree is located at the northern edge of town, pointing down Devoe Street, the main drag in town. It's even better at night when it lights up. Just down the road from Captain James T. Kirk's future home (Riverside, Iowa), it's a site to see!
[Melinda Bryan, 04/12/2007]
July 7, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Iowa Latest Tips and Stories
- Big City Cow and Calf, Des Moines, Iowa
- Iowa Trolley Park, Clear Lake, Iowa
- Fort Custer Maze, Clear Lake, Iowa
- Giant Pitchfork, Johnston, Iowa
- George Preston Station, Belle Plaine, Iowa
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Hollywood Casino Movie Memorabilia, Robinsonville, Mississippi
- Seasonally Decorated Dinosaur, Vernal, Utah
- Foamhenge, Natural Bridge, Virginia
- Golden Spike National Historic Site, Promontory Summit, Utah
- Teal Dinosaur, Jensen, Utah