Lone Tree, Iowa: Neon Tree
A lone, neon tree sign encourages travelers to turn off of Hwy 22 -- not a very busy thoroughfare -- and into a small eastern Iowa town.
- Wapsi Ave. SE, Lone Tree, IA
- On the north side of Hwy 22, seven miles east of US Hwy 218 exit 80.
- Best seen at night.
Visitor Tips and News About Neon Tree
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
I grew up in Lone Tree, and the neon tree was always a favorite hometown site for me. The tree is located at the northern edge of town, pointing down Devoe Street, the main drag in town. It's even better at night when it lights up. Just down the road from Captain James T. Kirk's future home (Riverside, Iowa), it's a site to see!
[Melinda Bryan, 04/12/2007]
May 24, 2016
Iowa Latest Tips and Stories
- Family Grave Bed, Des Moines, Iowa
- Buddy Holly Crash Site, Clear Lake, Iowa
- Feature: Snake Alley - A Very Crooked Street, Burlington, Iowa
- Welded Metal Insects, Mount Vernon, Iowa
- Iowa's Largest Muskie, Ventura, Iowa
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Barney Smith's Toilet Seat Art Museum, San Antonio, Texas
- World's Largest Geodesic Structure, Novelty, Ohio
- Earthoid: Earth Globe Water Storage Tank, Germantown, Maryland
- The Shoe Museum, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Whirligigs - Wind Sculptures, Buffalo, New York