Lone Tree, Iowa: Neon Tree
A lone, neon tree sign encourages travelers to turn off of Hwy 22 -- not a very busy thoroughfare -- and into a small eastern Iowa town.
- Wapsi Ave. SE, Lone Tree, IA
- On the north side of Hwy 22, seven miles east of US Hwy 218 exit 80.
- Best seen at night.
Visitor Tips and News About Neon Tree
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
I grew up in Lone Tree, and the neon tree was always a favorite hometown site for me. The tree is located at the northern edge of town, pointing down Devoe Street, the main drag in town. It's even better at night when it lights up. Just down the road from Captain James T. Kirk's future home (Riverside, Iowa), it's a site to see!
[Melinda Bryan, 04/12/2007]
January 21, 2017
Iowa Latest Tips and Stories
- Tower of Grain Wagons, Williamsburg, Iowa
- Feature: Squirrel Cage Jail, Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Black Squirrel Town, Kingsley, Iowa
- Coffee Pot Water Tower, Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Moai Dude: Laid-Back Easter Island Head, Altoona, Iowa
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Anvil Rock, Anvil Rock, South Carolina
- Queen Esther's Rock, Wyoming, Pennsylvania
- First Transcontinental Phone Call Monument, Jekyll Island, Georgia
- Rick James Grave, Buffalo, New York
- First Automobile Voyage by Horseless Carriage, Kokomo, Indiana