Toronto, Ontario, Canada: Big Chunks of Old BuildingsPublic park, site of the Guild Inn, sprinkled with columned porticos and architectural artifacts rescued by Spencer Clark. As if his time machine was on the blink.
Guild Inn Gardens
- Guildwood Parkway, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Guild Inn Gardens. NE side of Toronto, along Lake Ontario.
Visitor Tips and News About Big Chunks of Old Buildings
Sits atop the Scarborough Bluffs, which also provide a great vantage point to view Lake Ontario, around 250 feet below. Inn is closed for demolition (2012) but gardens remain open. Be careful and don't get too close to the edge of the bluffs.[Travelling John, 09/10/2012]
When in Toronto, Canada, be sure to visit The Guild Inn. It is a gorgeous historic old Inn perched on the side of the Scarborough Bluffs overlooking Lake Ontario. It's a public park now. You can walk around the grounds and view all the incredible architectural artifacts that were rescued by Spencer Clark. It is truly breathtaking and surreal -- big chunks of old buildings just plunked down in a huge manicured garden.[Trish Richardson, 06/19/1999]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Statue of Molly Wood, Canada's Gay Pioneer, Toronto, ON, Canada - 11 mi.
- EdgeWalk: Quarter-Mile in the Air, Toronto, ON, Canada - 12 mi.
- Giant Toy Soldiers Celebrate U.S. Defeat, Toronto, ON, Canada - 13 mi.
- In the region: Grave of Laura Secord, the Paul Revere of Canada, Niagara Falls, ON, Canada - 46 mi.