Silver Spring, Maryland: Longest Single Span Escalator in the Western Hemisphere
230 feet from the surface to the subway.
- 11151 Georgia Ave., Silver Spring, MD
- The escalator leads to the Wheaton Metro station. On the southeast corner of Hwy 97/Georgia Ave. and Reedie Drive, across from the Wheaton Plaza mall.
Visitor Tips and News About Longest Single Span Escalator in the Western Hemisphere
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Longest Single Span Escalator in the Western Hemisphere
Hearing about this "Longest Escalator in the USA", I knew I had to see it for myself and wow - it's sure LONG. Wheaton Mall's nearby if you hopped on the metro just to see this.
[Nathaniel Balsley, 04/12/2007]
May 23, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Maryland Latest Tips and Stories
- Mirror Yard, Glen Burnie, Maryland
- Giant SpongeBob, Clements, Maryland
- Mormon Temple - Fairy Tale Rockets, Kensington, Maryland
- Van Gogh's Starry Night in Door Knobs, Bethesda, Maryland
- Hobbit House - Mushroom House, Bethesda, Maryland
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Fire Dancers of Polynesia, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Traffic Circle Dinosaur, Fruita, Colorado
- Mike the Headless Chicken, Fruita, Colorado
- License Plate Trout, Palisade, Colorado
- Largest Plunger and Toilet, New Bern, North Carolina