Silver Spring, Maryland: Longest Single Span Escalator in the Western Hemisphere
230 feet from the surface to the subway.
- 11151 Georgia Ave., Silver Spring, MD
- The escalator leads to the Wheaton Metro station. On the southeast corner of Hwy 97/Georgia Ave. and Reedie Drive, across from the Wheaton Plaza mall.
Visitor Tips and News About Longest Single Span Escalator in the Western Hemisphere
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Longest Single Span Escalator in the Western Hemisphere
Hearing about this "Longest Escalator in the USA", I knew I had to see it for myself and wow - it's sure LONG. Wheaton Mall's nearby if you hopped on the metro just to see this.
[Nathaniel Balsley, 04/12/2007]
July 31, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Maryland Latest Tips and Stories
- Babe Ruth Birthplace Museum, Baltimore, Maryland
- Desert Storm Muffler Man, Havre de Grace, Maryland
- Grave of John Wilkes Booth, Lincoln Assassin, Baltimore, Maryland
- Municipal Giant Slide, Rocky Ridge, Maryland
- Globe Water Tower, Germantown, Maryland
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Wolf People - Hang Out With Wolves, Cocolalla, Idaho
- Ten Commandments Monument, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Yakov Smirnoff Theatre, Branson, Missouri
- Lenin Statue, Seattle, Washington
- Clothespin Grave Marker, Middlesex, Vermont