Silver Spring, Maryland: Longest Single Span Escalator in the Western Hemisphere
230 feet from the surface to the subway.
- 11151 Georgia Ave., Silver Spring, MD
- The escalator leads to the Wheaton Metro station. On the southeast corner of Hwy 97/Georgia Ave. and Reedie Drive, across from the Wheaton Plaza mall.
Visitor Tips and News About Longest Single Span Escalator in the Western Hemisphere
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Longest Single Span Escalator in the Western Hemisphere
Hearing about this "Longest Escalator in the USA", I knew I had to see it for myself and wow - it's sure LONG. Wheaton Mall's nearby if you hopped on the metro just to see this.
[Nathaniel Balsley, 04/12/2007]
September 24, 2016
Maryland Latest Tips and Stories
- Municipal Giant Slide - Sliding Board, Rocky Ridge, Maryland
- Vanadu - A Totally Decorated House, Hyattsville, Maryland
- Feature: Memorial Bust To the Homeless Mayor, Silver Spring, Maryland
- Lawyer's Farm Scrap Sculptures, Thurmont, Maryland
- Spook Hill, Burkittsville, Maryland
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Pinkerton Hot Springs, Durango, Colorado
- Ghost Fleet of Navy Ships, Bremerton, Washington
- Moai Dude: Laid-Back Easter Island Head, Altoona, Iowa
- Old Mobil Gas Station, Bunker Hill, Kansas
- Montezuma Castle Indian Ruins, Camp Verde, Arizona