Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada: Goats on the Roof
Reportedly the goats have free reign of roofs all over the village.
Goats on the Roof
Visitor Tips and News About Goats on the Roof
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Just north of Nanaimo on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada, in a little town called Coombs, there's a store that has goats on the roof. The goats hang around up there during the summer season, but come down for the winter months. The store sells a lot of interesting stuff, so if you miss the goats, you can still have a fun shopping experience. [Jeanette, 02/02/1999]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Esso Gnome: Largest in Canada, Nanoose Bay, BC, Canada - 8 mi.
- Floating Ghost Ships, Powell River, BC, Canada - 39 mi.
- Killer Whale Lawn Pod, Sekiu, WA - 70 mi.
- Police Museum: The Milkshake Murderer, Vancouver, BC, Canada - 59 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 24, 2014
British Columbia Latest Tips and Stories
- Vancouver Centennial Rocket Ship, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Very Large Abacus, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Police Museum: The Milkshake Murderer, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Esso Gnome: Largest in Canada, Nanoose, British Columbia
- Paul B in Squamish, Squamish, British Columbia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Return of the World's Largest Spitting Clam, Long Beach, Washington
- Mighty Mississippi Prize Fight, Kenner, Louisiana
- Madonna of the Trail, Bethesda, Maryland
- Atomic Mouse of Georgia, Ringgold, Georgia
- Backyard Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips