Colorado Springs, Colorado: World's Largest Beetle
Results 1 to 3 of 3...
World's Largest Beetle
Visitor Tips and News About World's Largest Beetle
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The giant beetle now has a barbed wire fence around it and a sign stating CLOSED. This may refer to the bug or the May Museum, it is unclear which. The fence makes it hard for a close-up photo opportunity. But someone has put in a new, cindered parking area below the hill so that it is easier to park to access and view the bug. [Sheri A, 04/20/2013]
May Museum of the Tropics - Hercules Beetle
Just south of Colorado Springs, there is a huge statue of a Hercules beetle at the entrance to this combination campground/insect museum/space museum. We spent the night at the campground overlooking the Rockies and toured the "bug" museum. Unfortunately the space museum will have to wait for our next trip. [anon, 01/01/1998]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
December 21, 2014
Colorado Latest Tips and Stories
- Vietnam Memorial With Music and Sound Effects, Fruita, Colorado
- Castle Rock, Castle Rock, Colorado
- Fish Windows, Boulder, Colorado
- Roadside Grave of Solid Muldoon, Beulah Valley, Colorado
- Dinosaur Ridge, Morrison, Colorado
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Bailey Art Museum - Robots of Clayton Bailey, Crockett, California
- Big Moose Country Store, Hoosick, New York
- Confederate Nuclear Missile, Cordele, Georgia
- Grave of Rocky's Adrian, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- World's Largest Functioning Fire Hydrant, Las Vegas, Nevada
Latest Visitor Tips