Anchorage, Alaska: Balto the Wonder Dog-like Statue
A small bronze statue depicts a sled dog in motion, at the ceremonial start for the Iditarod Race. We'd like to think that it's Balto the Wonder Dog, but it was intended to depict a generic every-sled dog.
Visitor Tips and News About Balto the Wonder Dog-like Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Balto the Wonder Dog-like Statue
This is the top of the ceremonial start for the Iditarod Sled Dog Race, as well as for the Fur Rendezvous World Championship.
[Adam Scott Lankford, 05/10/2007]
October 27, 2016
Alaska Latest Tips and Stories
- Huge Chair, Homer, Alaska
- Big Metal Chickens, Chicken, Alaska
- Wal-Mikes: Hand in Jar, Trapper Creek, Alaska
- North America's Most Westerly Highway Point, Anchor Point, Alaska
- Chrome Bear, Anchorage, Alaska
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: The Garden of Eden, Lucas, Kansas
- Muffler Man - Happy Halfwit, Winslow, New Jersey
- Don Q Inn, Dodgeville, Wisconsin
- Emperor Norton Grave, Colma, California
- Grave of Bob Ford, He Shot Jesse James, Richmond, Missouri