Anchorage, Alaska: Balto the Wonder Dog-like Statue
A small bronze statue depicts a sled dog in motion, at the ceremonial start for the Iditarod Race. We'd like to think that it's Balto the Wonder Dog, but it was intended to depict a generic every-sled dog.
Visitor Tips and News About Balto the Wonder Dog-like Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Balto the Wonder Dog-like Statue
This is the top of the ceremonial start for the Iditarod Sled Dog Race, as well as for the Fur Rendezvous World Championship.
[Adam Scott Lankford, 05/10/2007]
October 9, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Alaska Latest Tips and Stories
- Interior Alaska Antler Arch, Fairbanks, Alaska
- Aurora Express Train-Themed B&B, Fairbanks, Alaska
- The Bird House, Bird Creek, Alaska
- Salty Dawg Saloon, Homer, Alaska
- Whispering Giant - Indian Head, Valdez, Alaska
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Statue of Minnehaha, Elkins, West Virginia
- Kaleidoscopic Mural of Bob Dylan, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- America's Largest Glacial Traveler, Madison, New Hampshire
- Coyote Reading A Candy Wrapper, Wenatchee, Washington
- Giant Fiddle and Banjo, Branson, Missouri