Harris Crossroads, North Carolina: Roadside Rock Grave of Senator Jeffreys
His final exercise in Senatorial privilege.
- US Hwy 401, Harris Crossroads, NC
- On US 401 close to the intersection of Hwy 98, in an exposed solid granite rock about 100 yards west of a highway marker (note: marker reported missing in 2011), back in the woods.
- Obey posted signs.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Roadside Rock Grave of Senator Jeffreys
Visitor Tips and News About Roadside Rock Grave of Senator Jeffreys
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The historical marker for the Grave of Senator Jeffreys no longer stands, and the slab covering the final resting place of William Andrew Jeffreys is now smashed to bits.
[Amy Robbins-Tjaden, 05/14/2011]
Roadside Rock Grave of Senator Jeffries
If you're on a "NC Grave Tour" you may as well visit State Senator Jeffries. He has his own NC Historical Highway Marker on US 401 close to the intersection of HWY 98. He's buried in an exposed solid granite rock about 100 yards west of the highway Marker.
[Greg Brown, 01/26/2001]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 27, 2015
North Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- Graves of the Gentleman Giant, Singing Ghost Tony, Southport, North Carolina
- Metalmorphosis - Giant Head, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Deserted Village - Hunger Games Location, Hildebran, North Carolina
- Uniroyal Gals, Bolton, North Carolina
- Hilton Sisters Siamese Twins Grave, Charlotte, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Vicksburg National Military Park, Vicksburg, Mississippi
- Big Chicken Statue, Byron Center, Michigan
- Historic Oakville Jail and Guesthouse, Oakville, Texas
- Dancing Blues Brothers, Joliet, Illinois
- Tom's Cypress, Waldo, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips