Harris Crossroads, North Carolina: Roadside Rock Grave of Senator Jeffreys
His final exercise in Senatorial privilege.
- US Hwy 401, Harris Crossroads, NC
- On US 401 close to the intersection of Hwy 98, in an exposed solid granite rock about 100 yards west of a highway marker (note: marker reported missing in 2011), back in the woods.
- Obey posted signs.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Roadside Rock Grave of Senator Jeffreys
Visitor Tips and News About Roadside Rock Grave of Senator Jeffreys
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The historical marker for the Grave of Senator Jeffreys no longer stands, and the slab covering the final resting place of William Andrew Jeffreys is now smashed to bits.
[Amy Robbins-Tjaden, 05/14/2011]
Roadside Rock Grave of Senator Jeffries
If you're on a "NC Grave Tour" you may as well visit State Senator Jeffries. He has his own NC Historical Highway Marker on US 401 close to the intersection of HWY 98. He's buried in an exposed solid granite rock about 100 yards west of the highway Marker.
[Greg Brown, 01/26/2001]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
October 24, 2014
North Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- Tail of the Dragon - Tree of Shame, Deals Gap, North Carolina
- Vollis Simpson's Whirligigs, Lucama, North Carolina
- Self Kicking Machine #2, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Mystery Hill And Mystery House, Blowing Rock, North Carolina
- Birthplace of Pepsi, New Bern, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Cateraptasaurus, Rosedale, Maryland
- Mother Mary's Totem, San Luis, Colorado
- Penobscot Narrows Observatory and Bridge, Prospect, Maine
- Big Travel Mug, North Smithfield, Rhode Island
- Mr. Potato Head Pizza Guy, Providence, Rhode Island
Latest Visitor Tips