Shelton, Connecticut: White Squirrels of Shelton
The white squirrels of Shelton are not albinos -- they have black eyes, not red. But they are white, and there are a lot of them.
- Riverview Park, Shelton, CT
- Hwy 8 exit 14 into town. The squirrels are particularly abundant on the north side of town in Riverview Park, and on the south side of town along Coram Rd.
Visitor Tips and News About White Squirrels of Shelton
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Albino squirrels also call Shelton home. According to the older residents, the albinos have been here for many years. And the numbers keep soaring.
September 4, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Connecticut Latest Tips and Stories
- Feature: Muffler Man Cowboy: Big Bob, Norwich, Connecticut
- Jack, First Presidential Pardon Turkey, Hartford, Connecticut
- Wrong Site of Amelia Earhart's Secret Wedding, Noank, Connecticut
- Barnum Museum: Centaur Skeleton, Bridgeport, Connecticut
- Holy Land U.S.A., Waterbury, Connecticut
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Barnacopia Agricultural Museum, Polo, Illinois
- Civil War Tails at the Homestead Museum, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- 22-Foot-Tall Transformer, Stillwater, Oklahoma
- Unclaimed Baggage Center, Scottsboro, Alabama
- Flintstones Bedrock City, Custer, South Dakota