Shelton, Connecticut: White Squirrels of SheltonThe white squirrels of Shelton are not albinos -- they have black eyes, not red. But they are white, and there are a lot of them.
- Riverview Park, Shelton, CT
- Hwy 8 exit 14 into town. The squirrels are particularly abundant on the north side of town in Riverview Park, and on the south side of town along Coram Rd.
Visitor Tips and News About White Squirrels of Shelton
Albino squirrels also call Shelton home. According to the older residents, the albinos have been here for many years. And the numbers keep soaring.[GordanT, 01/04/1998]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Obsolete Toll Booths On Display, Stratford, CT - 6 mi.
- Mass Grave Monument To Smallpox Dead, Milford, CT - 7 mi.
- National Helicopter Museum, Stratford, CT - 9 mi.
- In the region: Time Capsules from the 1939 and 1964 World's Fairs, Queens, NY - 56 mi.