Collyer, Kansas: Castle Rock
70 feet tall. A good stop if you want exotic-looking photos for your vacation scrapbook.
- Castle Rock Rd, Collyer, KS
- I-70 exit 107 (Quinter). South on Castle Rock Rd for 14.5 miles, then east four miles to the Castle Rock turnoff. Or Banner Road from Collyer. Road is rough, watch clearance.
- Private land, but visible.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Castle Rock
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
The access road has some medium sized crevasses so you want to be driving at least a medium sized SUV. If not you may run the risk of bottoming out.
[James O, 05/30/2010]
A geological feature of visual interest -- a 70 ft. tall limestone pillar that resembles the towers and turrets of a castle.
[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 07/05/2007]
September 25, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Kansas Latest Tips and Stories
- Old Mobil Gas Station, Bunker Hill, Kansas
- Sculpture of Iron, Kansas City, Kansas
- Geographical Center of the 48 States, Lebanon, Kansas
- Feature: Famous Gunfighters Wax Museum, Dodge City, Kansas
- World's Largest Ball of Twine, Cawker City, Kansas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Pinkerton Hot Springs, Durango, Colorado
- Ghost Fleet of Navy Ships, Bremerton, Washington
- Moai Dude: Laid-Back Easter Island Head, Altoona, Iowa
- Montezuma Castle Indian Ruins, Camp Verde, Arizona
- Brooklyn Puparazzi, Brooklyn, New York