Clarksville, Tennessee: Atomic Mortar and Hitler's Bowl
Worthy items in this military museum include Hitler's calling card bowl and walking stick, and an atomic mortar -- arguably the stupidest weapon ever created.
Don F. Pratt Memorial Museum
- Tennessee Ave., Clarksville, TN
- Just south of the Kentucky border. I-24 exit 86 in Kentucky. South on US Hwy 41/41A for four miles. Enter Fort Campbell through the main gate (Gate 4). Stop at the visitors center for a visitor's vehicle registration certificate. Continue on Screaming Eagle Blvd/26th St., through two stop lights, to the 3-way stop sign at the corner of 26th and Tennessee Ave. Make a right onto Tennessee, and then a left into the Museum's parking lot. The museum is a large brown metal building with Don F. Pratt Memorial Museum painted on the front, Building 5702.
- M-Sa 9:30 am - 4:30 pm. Closed Su. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Fort Campbell Museum has the Atomic Mortar
Visitor Tips and News About Atomic Mortar and Hitler's Bowl
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
One of the acknowledged worst weapons in military history is now on permanent display at the Fort Campbell Don F. Pratt Museum in Clarksville, Tennessee.... [07/22/2007] Complete News Story
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 30, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Tennessee Latest Tips and Stories
- Airplane Crashed in Parking Lot, South Pittsburg, Tennessee
- Grave of Beautiful Jim Key, the Educated Horse, Shelbyville, Tennessee
- Muffler Man - Indian, Cross Plains, Tennessee
- Obelisk - Geographic Center of Tennessee, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- World's Largest Cedar Bucket, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Comic Rockstars Toilet Seat Museum, San Francisco, California
- Backyard Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
- Future Birthplace of James T. Kirk, Riverside, Iowa
- Feature: Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Al's Oasis - Big Buffalo, Oacoma, South Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips