Moline, Illinois: Hotel Polar Bear (Gone)Stuffed, of course. Shot from a helicopter. Was displayed in the lobby. Has since been removed and sold.
Airport Ramada Inn
- Airport Ramada Inn, just outside Moline airport.
- June 2014: Reported gone, purchased at auction.
Visitor Tips and News About Hotel Polar Bear (Gone)
Scary bear![Ron Renken, 09/07/2011]
Only the best for our customers. Enjoy your stay.
Inside the Airport [Ramada Inn] is a huge stuffed polar bear. The bear was shot by the original hotel owners son from a helicopter in Alaska. There was no place to put the huge beast, hence the hotel. And it's been there ever since,[Greg Pfaff, 07/24/2007]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Miracle Bridge Pillar Mary, Moline, IL - < 1 mi.
- Chief Black Hawk: Big Metal Sign, Rock Island, IL - 5 mi.
- Atomic Cannon, Rock Island, IL - 5 mi.
- Tug Fest - West Side of Mississippi River Tug-of-War, LeClaire, IA - 13 mi.