Junction City, Kansas: Don Kracht's Castle Island
- 2202 Old Hwy 40, Junction City, KS
- I-70 exit 295. Head south on US 77, but take an immediate right on Old Hwy 40. Drive a half-mile, look for the red barn, and turn right. Please call ahead, and remember that this is a private home and that Don may not be available to meet your schedule.
- By appt. (Call to verify)
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Over-the-top, homemade castle built by a man who paradoxically just wanted a place to relax. Roadsideamerica.com Report...
Castle Island - Backyard Baroque: We lay siege to Don Kracht's suburban fiefdom with our wandering video cam. Watch Video.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Heritage Underwear Show, Junction City, KS - 3 mi.
- Atomic Cannon, Junction City, KS - 6 mi.
- Grave of Chief, Last Cavalry Mount in the U.S. Army, Fort Riley, KS - 6 mi.
- In the region: Rock City, Minneapolis, KS - 47 mi.