Lakeland, Florida: Forgotten Citrus Center Monument #3
One of several widely-scattered, slowly crumbling monoliths proclaiming that Polk County is the Citrus Center of something.
- County Line Rd, Lakeland, FL
- Take I-4 to the exit for County Line Rd. When you come off the exit you'll want to turn right onto County line rd. then stay straight, the first intersection will be Hwy 92/E Baker St. if you are at that intersection you will see the Monument ahead on the right before the railroad tracks (Caution: This intersection is very dangerous and there is not much room to pull off the road.).
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Citrus Center Monument
Visitor Tips and News About Forgotten Citrus Center Monument #3
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Looks like the Lakeland Citrus Center Monument has been cleaned up some!
[Nikki Knight, 03/12/2011]
Another Citrus Center Monument
Another Citrus Center Monument sits on the corner of Hwy 92 and County Line Rd right beside railroad tracks. It looks like it is about to fall over and it's not kept up very well. I didn't even know what it was and I have been driving past this thing for years!
[Nikki Knight, 09/05/2007]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
January 29, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Florida Latest Tips and Stories
- Large Bird Fighting a Snake, Fort Pierce, Florida
- Muffler Man: The Big Man, Largo, Florida
- Marlin Statue, Pompano Beach, Florida
- Johnny Donutseed, Lloyd, Florida
- World's Largest Monster Truck Safari, Clermont, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 30-Foot-Tall Native American Head, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
- Zinc Civil War Soldier, Graves of Interest, Iola, Kansas
- Pirate Statue, Otway, North Carolina
- Stuffed Moray Eel in Appliance Store, Glenview, Illinois
- Storytown - Vague Recollections, Lake George, New York
Latest Visitor Tips