Petal, Mississippi: Ruins of International Checker Hall of Fame
Not much left, but if you're a checkers fan you might pay your respects.
Checker Hall of Fame: Game Over
Visitor Tips and News About Ruins of International Checker Hall of Fame
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
For the past 30 years The International Checker Hall of Fame reigned as one of America's greatest anachronisms. For such a humble game -- "The Mind Sport of Kings and Ordinary Men" -- its Hall was flamboyant and flaunting: a 32,000-square-foot Moorish/Tudor edifice, with a seven-story tower, a colonnaded tournament room with 24-foot-high ceilings and the world's two largest checkerboards, a library with checkers books dating back to the 17th century, priceless checkers artifacts scattered throughout, and even a statue, costing more than $10,000, of grand champion Marion Tinsley, who lost only 7 games in 45 years.... [10/06/2007] Complete News Story
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
August 20, 2014
Mississippi Latest Tips and Stories
- Folk Art Grocery Store Ruins, Vicksburg, Mississippi
- The Grand Canyon of Mississippi, Foxworth, Mississippi
- Witch's Grave, Yazoo City, Mississippi
- Graceland Too - Memorial Event, Holly Springs, Mississippi
- Apollo 13 Lunar Lander, Westonia, Mississippi
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Lizard Lick ATM, Lizard Lick, North Carolina
- Roundtop Gas Station, Sherwood, Arkansas
- Quill Pen and the Writer's Desk, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Wizard of Oz Garden, Mapleton, Illinois
- Image of Jesus Christ on a Tree, Rochester, New York
Latest Visitor Tips