Laramie, Wyoming: Chief Washakie Statue
On the University of Wyoming campus. Mounted on a galloping horse, ready to spear anyone who doesn't support higher education.
University of Wyoming
- Grand Ave., Laramie, WY
- On US 30/E. Grand Ave. between 16th and 17th Sts. On the campus of the University of Wyoming.
Visitor Tips and News About Chief Washakie Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This sculpture of Chief Washakie is on the University of Wyoming campus on Grand Ave. between 16th and 17th Ave.
The inscription reads: "I fought to keep our land, our water and our hunting grounds - today, education is the weapon my people need to protect them." [Joe Boulter, 10/13/2007]
June 29, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Wyoming Latest Tips and Stories
- Random Missile Launcher, Hulett, Wyoming
- Sundance Kid Jailed Here, Sundance, Wyoming
- World's Largest Outdoor Swimming Pool, Buffalo, Wyoming
- Laundro Mat - Skull Entrance, Dubois, Wyoming
- Tiny Jail in City Park, Clearmont, Wyoming
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Union School: One School for Two States, College Corner, Ohio
- World's Tallest Indian, Skowhegan, Maine
- Toy and Action Figure Museum, Pauls Valley, Oklahoma
- Doofy Johnny Appleseed Statue, New Market, Virginia
- Birthplace of Walmart, Bentonville, Arkansas