Laramie, Wyoming: Chief Washakie Statue
On the University of Wyoming campus. Mounted on a galloping horse, ready to spear anyone who doesn't support higher education.
University of Wyoming
- Grand Ave., Laramie, WY
- On US 30/E. Grand Ave. between 16th and 17th Sts. On the campus of the University of Wyoming.
Visitor Tips and News About Chief Washakie Statue
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
This sculpture of Chief Washakie is on the University of Wyoming campus on Grand Ave. between 16th and 17th Ave.
The inscription reads: "I fought to keep our land, our water and our hunting grounds - today, education is the weapon my people need to protect them." [Joe Boulter, 10/13/2007]
October 8, 2015
Wyoming Latest Tips and Stories
- Prairie Dog Village, Devils Tower, Wyoming
- Wyoming Frontier Prison Museum, Rawlins, Wyoming
- Tie Hack Monument, Dubois, Wyoming
- Giant Head of Abraham Lincoln, Laramie, Wyoming
- J.C. Penney Museum and Mother Store, Kemmerer, Wyoming
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Dummy Lighthouse Keeper, Fort Smith, Arkansas
- Sleeper House from Woody Allen Movie, Golden, Colorado
- Tiny Church, Buckhannon, West Virginia
- Statue of Minnehaha, Elkins, West Virginia
- Kaleidoscopic Mural of Bob Dylan, Minneapolis, Minnesota