Talkeetna, Alaska: Mountain Climber Memorial
A towering whitewashed pole scaled by carved wooden climbers. Also in town, at the Fairview Inn, "Dead Man's Wall," with its photos of killed climbers. Talkeetna is a starting point for Mt. McKinley ascents.
- 2nd Street, Talkeetna, AK
- Right on to east 2nd street coming off the Talkeetna spur road, in the town graveyard, across from the airport.
Mountain Climber Memorial
Visitor Tips and News About Mountain Climber Memorial
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
In the town of Talkeetna's cemetery, a tall pole scaled by chainsaw-carved figures stands as a tribute to dead mountain climbers. [Adam Scott Lankford, 10/17/2007]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Batmobile, London Bus, VW Ladybug, Houston, AK - 53 mi.
- Musher's Hall of Fame, Knik, AK - 61 mi.
- Earthquake Park Monument, Anchorage, AK - 78 mi.
- Giant Tattoo Needle, Anchorage, AK - 78 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 20, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Alaska Latest Tips and Stories
- World's Largest Gold Pan, Nome, Alaska
- Dinosaur, Horse, Lady Greenhouse Planters, North Pole, Alaska
- Northernmost Totem Pole in the World, Point Barrow, Alaska
- Giant Mosquito, Kasilof, Alaska
- Skagway Brothel Museum, Skagway, Alaska
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Tallest Roadside Tombstone in the U.S., Merced, California
- Rock Animal Zoo, Scottsboro, Alabama
- Pink Skull Rabbit, San Francisco, California
- Surfer Statue, Jacksonville, Florida
- Music Legends in Bronze, Bakersfield, California
Latest Visitor Tips