Maple Ridge Township, Michigan: Mystery Falls Sinkhole
A pit over 80 feet across with sheer walls over 100 feet deep.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Mystery Falls Sinkhole
Visitor Tips and News About Mystery Falls Sinkhole
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
It was quite a nerve-racking hunt tracking this place down. We had to wander through a (private) wooded area for a while before stumbling upon the fence around the sinkhole. The gate was already open when we got there so we took a peek inside. It was a beautiful sight! We walked across the bridge and could see the water trickling down the sides of the sinkhole. I would recommend that anyone adventurous enough to find this place be extra careful!
You can walk right up to the edge of the sinkhole, but watch your step! The surprisingly large bridge goes all the way across the middle to get a good view of the bottom of the sinkhole.
[Stacey G., 11/09/2011]
Sinkhole - A Bridge Too Far?
When Rick Ruelle, a middle-aged systems analyst, first laid eyes on the Kennedy farm sinkhole, he knew that it was something special. "Quite a spectacular hole," is how he described it to us -- and he would know.... [10/14/2007] Complete News Story
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
November 25, 2014
Michigan Latest Tips and Stories
- Big Steer and Cool Moose, Almont, Michigan
- Detroit Chimera Graffiti Mural, Detroit, Michigan
- Pioneer Mother: a Mom-ument, Clare, Michigan
- Statue of Pope John Paul II, Hamtramck, Michigan
- World's Oldest and Least Flattering McKinley Statue, Muskegon, Michigan
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Housewife-Whacking Meteor Fell Here, Oak Grove, Alabama
- Feature: Alabama's Housewife-Whacking Meteorite, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Blue Whale, Catoosa, Oklahoma
- Biloxi Katrina Trees, Biloxi, Mississippi
- Grave of Sam Kinison, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Latest Visitor Tips