Edgehill, Virginia: Big Pig
In a visual shorthand often found in the South, nothing squeals smoky, barbecued, good eats better than a pig on a pole. Not huge, though.
Crazy Cajun Hickory Smoked Bar-B-Q
- 10533 James Madison Pkwy., Edgehill, VA
- Crazy Cajun Hickory Smoked Bar-B-Q. On the northbound side of US 301 just south of Hwy 205.
Visitor Tips and News About Big Pig
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
In a visual shorthand often found in the American southeast, nothing squeals smoky, barbecued, good eats better than a fat pig on a pole.
We found this one perched atop a sign on the northeastern edge of Virginia. Unlike the inexplicably joyous cartoon pigs that are typically seen on food packaging, this one has a somber expression. Perhaps it knows what awaits it at Crazy Ray's. It also has a circle around its right eye, an unusual detail to those of us unschooled in the rural sciences, which reminded us of the Little Rascals' dog Petey, who had his own set of problems.
[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 11/12/2007]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 21, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Virginia Latest Tips and Stories
- Where Hank Williams Ate His Last Meal, Bristol, Virginia
- Mini-Graceland, Elvis City, Roanoke, Virginia
- Giant Watering Can and Flower Pots, Staunton, Virginia
- Freaky Fake Floral House, Staunton, Virginia
- Trojan Dog, Roanoke, Virginia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Tallest Roadside Tombstone in the U.S., Merced, California
- Rock Animal Zoo, Scottsboro, Alabama
- Pink Skull Rabbit, San Francisco, California
- Surfer Statue, Jacksonville, Florida
- Music Legends in Bronze, Bakersfield, California
Latest Visitor Tips