Cullowhee, North Carolina: Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center
Visitor Tips and News About Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Cullowhee, North Carolina - Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center
I am saddened by the passing of the World's Most Photographed Indian, Chief Henry. I felt that I should share a little snip of info with you. While doing a word study job at Western Carolina Universities Mountain Heritage Center I found Chief Henry's pitch sign in the back storage area. I find it a shame that such an iconic piece of tourist history is kept from the public.
[Jacob Krejci, 11/21/2007]
Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center:
- Mountain Heritage Center, Western Carolina University.
- 9-5 M-F.
February 10, 2016
North Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- Andre the Giant Exhibit, Ellerbe, North Carolina
- Memorial to Doomed Space Shuttle Astronaut, Beaufort, North Carolina
- Vollis Simpson Whirligig Park, Wilson, North Carolina
- Pirate Place Statue, Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
- Missiles and More Museum, Topsail Beach, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Tortilla Flat, Tortilla Flat, Arizona
- Sac-O-Suds Store from My Cousin Vinny, Monticello, Georgia
- Old Sheldon Church Ruins, Yemassee, South Carolina
- Compass Rose Park, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
- Bloody Bridge, St. Mary's, Ohio