Cullowhee, North Carolina: Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center
Visitor Tips and News About Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Cullowhee, North Carolina - Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center
I am saddened by the passing of the World's Most Photographed Indian, Chief Henry. I felt that I should share a little snip of info with you. While doing a word study job at Western Carolina Universities Mountain Heritage Center I found Chief Henry's pitch sign in the back storage area. I find it a shame that such an iconic piece of tourist history is kept from the public.
[Jacob Krejci, 11/21/2007]
Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center:
- Mountain Heritage Center, Western Carolina University.
- 9-5 M-F.
September 30, 2016
North Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- Mural: World's Largest Tobacco Worm, Wendell, North Carolina
- Backyard School Bell Collection, Angier, North Carolina
- Big Acorn, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Bigfoot Walking a Pig, Germanton, North Carolina
- Jet on a Stick, Aulander, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Plane on a Stick, Lakewood, California
- Jesus Wearing Cowboy Boots, Paris, Texas
- Magnetic Hill, Springer, Oklahoma
- Jesse James' Corpse Basket - Funeral Museum, St. Joseph, Missouri
- Japanese Temple Replica, Kaneohe, Oahu, Hawaii