Cullowhee, North Carolina: Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center
Cullowhee, North Carolina - Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center
Visitor Tips and News About Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
I am saddened by the passing of the World's Most Photographed Indian, Chief Henry. I felt that I should share a little snip of info with you. While doing a word study job at Western Carolina Universities Mountain Heritage Center I found Chief Henry's pitch sign in the back storage area. I find it a shame that such an iconic piece of tourist history is kept from the public.
[Jacob Krejci, 11/21/2007]
Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center:
Address: Cullowhee, NC
Directions: Mountain Heritage Center, Western Carolina University.
Hours: 9-5 M-F.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
January 30, 2015
North Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- Marker: Atom Bombs Dropped Here, Eureka, North Carolina
- Pirate Statue, Otway, North Carolina
- Museum of the Cherokee Indian, Cherokee, North Carolina
- Road to Nowhere, Bryson City, North Carolina
- Taxidermy Hall of Fame of North Carolina Creation Museum, Southern Pines, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Continental Divide Trading Post, Continental Divide, New Mexico
- Navajo Code Talkers Statue & Window Rock, Window Rock, Arizona
- 30-Foot-Tall Native American Head, Ocean Springs, Mississippi
- Zinc Civil War Soldier, Graves of Interest, Iola, Kansas
- Large Bird Fighting a Snake, Fort Pierce, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips