Cullowhee, North Carolina: Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center
Visitor Tips and News About Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Cullowhee, North Carolina - Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center
I am saddened by the passing of the World's Most Photographed Indian, Chief Henry. I felt that I should share a little snip of info with you. While doing a word study job at Western Carolina Universities Mountain Heritage Center I found Chief Henry's pitch sign in the back storage area. I find it a shame that such an iconic piece of tourist history is kept from the public.
[Jacob Krejci, 11/21/2007]
Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center:
- Mountain Heritage Center, Western Carolina University.
- 9-5 M-F.
December 8, 2016
North Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- Vollis Simpson Whirligigs, Pleasant Hill, North Carolina
- Newsboy Statue, Tabor City, North Carolina
- Metalmorphosis, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Dinosaur Skeleton Sculptures, Pikeville, North Carolina
- Reynolds Building, Precursor to Empire State Building, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Manatee Tours - Weird Statues, Homosassa, Florida
- The Sinking Barn, Zimmerman, Minnesota
- 3-D Outdoor Mural with Viewing Glasses, San Antonio, Texas
- Halfwit Muffler Man, Seaside Heights, New Jersey
- The Mystery Hole, Ansted, West Virginia