Cullowhee, North Carolina: Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center
Cullowhee, North Carolina - Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center
Visitor Tips and News About Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
I am saddened by the passing of the World's Most Photographed Indian, Chief Henry. I felt that I should share a little snip of info with you. While doing a word study job at Western Carolina Universities Mountain Heritage Center I found Chief Henry's pitch sign in the back storage area. I find it a shame that such an iconic piece of tourist history is kept from the public.
[Jacob Krejci, 11/21/2007]
Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center:
Address: Cullowhee, NC
Directions: Mountain Heritage Center, Western Carolina University.
Hours: 9-5 M-F.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 10, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
North Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- Catfish Hunter Museum, Hertford, North Carolina
- World's Largest Frying Pan, Rose Hill, North Carolina
- Shell Gas Station, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Boo-Boo Bear Statues, Bolton, North Carolina
- Plastic Flamingo Petting Zoo, Cedar Point, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: The Wooldridge Monuments, Mayfield, Kentucky
- Graffiti Bridge, Pensacola, Florida
- Babe the Muffler Man, San Jose, California
- Olympic Torch Tower, Atlanta, Georgia
- World's Largest Indoor Train Display, West Chester, Ohio
Latest Visitor Tips