Cullowhee, North Carolina: Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center
Visitor Tips and News About Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Cullowhee, North Carolina - Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center
I am saddened by the passing of the World's Most Photographed Indian, Chief Henry. I felt that I should share a little snip of info with you. While doing a word study job at Western Carolina Universities Mountain Heritage Center I found Chief Henry's pitch sign in the back storage area. I find it a shame that such an iconic piece of tourist history is kept from the public.
[Jacob Krejci, 11/21/2007]
Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center:
- Mountain Heritage Center, Western Carolina University.
- 9-5 M-F.
May 25, 2015
North Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- The Road to Nowhere, Bryson City, North Carolina
- Largest Plunger and Toilet, New Bern, North Carolina
- Woman's Legs, Henderson, North Carolina
- Futuro House, Frisco, North Carolina
- Grave of Millie Christine McCoy, Whiteville, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Korean War Foxhole, San Antonio, Texas
- Feature: National WWII Museum, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Buckhorn Hall of Horns, San Antonio, Texas
- Tin Man from Oz, Readfield, Wisconsin
- Cave Restaurant, Richland, Missouri