Cullowhee, North Carolina: Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center
Visitor Tips and News About Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Cullowhee, North Carolina - Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center
I am saddened by the passing of the World's Most Photographed Indian, Chief Henry. I felt that I should share a little snip of info with you. While doing a word study job at Western Carolina Universities Mountain Heritage Center I found Chief Henry's pitch sign in the back storage area. I find it a shame that such an iconic piece of tourist history is kept from the public.
[Jacob Krejci, 11/21/2007]
Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center:
- Mountain Heritage Center, Western Carolina University.
- 9-5 M-F.
August 29, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
North Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- Futuro - UFO House, Frisco, North Carolina
- Tiny Elvis Museum, Cherokee, North Carolina
- World's Largest Highboy Chest, Jamestown, North Carolina
- Giant Motorcycle - Skullcycle, Marble, North Carolina
- Museum of the Cherokee Indian, Cherokee, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- 31 MPH Speed Limit, Trenton, Tennessee
- Giant Morel Mushroom, Nevada, Missouri
- Spider Bug: VW Beetle Mega-Insect, Sparks, Nevada
- High Flying U-haul, Reno, Nevada
- Pierre the Pantsless Voyageur, Two Harbors, Minnesota