Cullowhee, North Carolina: Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center
Visitor Tips and News About Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Cullowhee, North Carolina - Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center
I am saddened by the passing of the World's Most Photographed Indian, Chief Henry. I felt that I should share a little snip of info with you. While doing a word study job at Western Carolina Universities Mountain Heritage Center I found Chief Henry's pitch sign in the back storage area. I find it a shame that such an iconic piece of tourist history is kept from the public.
[Jacob Krejci, 11/21/2007]
Chief Henry's Sign Preserved at Mountain Heritage Center:
- Mountain Heritage Center, Western Carolina University.
- 9-5 M-F.
June 30, 2015
North Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- House of Mugs, Collettsville, North Carolina
- Coffee Mug House, Collettsville, North Carolina
- Grave of Rum Keg Girl, Standing British Officer, Beaufort, North Carolina
- Ferris Wheel of Steel Fabrication, Hendersonville, North Carolina
- Feature: Museum of the Waxhaws and Andrew Jackson, Waxhaw, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- The Elf Tree, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Moon Marble Company, Bonner Springs, Kansas
- Giganticus Headicus, Walapai, Arizona
- Historic Route 66 Museum, Kingman, Arizona
- Redwood Bull, Felton, California