St. Marys, Georgia: Carnegie Mansion - Dungeness Ruins
Entropy worthy of a post-Apocalyptic Hollywood film.
Visitor Tips and News About Carnegie Mansion - Dungeness Ruins
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Carnegie Mansion (Dungeness) Ruins
On Cumberland Island, Georgia, are the ruins of the 19th century Thomas Carnegie mansion, Dungeness (Thomas was brother to Andrew Carnegie). It's amazing how nature has taken over the in such a short time. The wild horses are pretty neat to see, too.
Bring plenty of water (and a good watch!...if you miss the twice-a-day ferry, you're CAMPING!).
[Dustin Strickland, 12/06/2007]
September 26, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Georgia Latest Tips and Stories
- Tallulah Point: Wire-Walker Photo-Op, Tallulah Falls, Georgia
- 20-Foot-Tall Rabbit, Gainesville, Georgia
- Western Atlantic Railroad Tunnel and Museum, Tunnel Hill, Georgia
- Town of Santa Claus, Santa Claus, Georgia
- Commuter Gallery - Art Installation, Decatur, Georgia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Doug Bast's House of History, Boonsboro, Maryland
- Phil Collins' 1836 Alamo Model, San Antonio, Texas
- B-29 Bomber Collision Site, Weatherford, Texas
- Big Ice Cream Cone, Abbotsford, Wisconsin
- Foamhenge, Natural Bridge, Virginia