St. Marys, Georgia: Carnegie Mansion - Dungeness Ruins
Entropy worthy of a post-Apocalyptic Hollywood film.
Visitor Tips and News About Carnegie Mansion - Dungeness Ruins
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Carnegie Mansion (Dungeness) Ruins
On Cumberland Island, Georgia, are the ruins of the 19th century Thomas Carnegie mansion, Dungeness (Thomas was brother to Andrew Carnegie). It's amazing how nature has taken over the in such a short time. The wild horses are pretty neat to see, too.
Bring plenty of water (and a good watch!...if you miss the twice-a-day ferry, you're CAMPING!).
[Dustin Strickland, 12/06/2007]
August 28, 2016
Georgia Latest Tips and Stories
- Commuter Gallery - Art Installation, Decatur, Georgia
- Little Grand Canyon of Georgia, Lumpkin, Georgia
- Welcome Center Torpedo, St. Marys, Georgia
- Giant Flea Market Cow, Pendergrass, Georgia
- Rock City, Lookout Mountain, Georgia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Big Lumberjack, North Las Vegas, Nevada
- Municipal Giant Slide - Sliding Board, Rocky Ridge, Maryland
- Royal Swans of Swanton, Swanton, Vermont
- Benson Ford Shiphouse, Put-in-Bay, Ohio
- Kewpee Hamburgers, Lima, Ohio