St. Marys, Georgia: Carnegie Mansion - Dungeness Ruins
Entropy worthy of a post-Apocalyptic Hollywood film.
Visitor Tips and News About Carnegie Mansion - Dungeness Ruins
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Carnegie Mansion (Dungeness) Ruins
On Cumberland Island, Georgia, are the ruins of the 19th century Thomas Carnegie mansion, Dungeness (Thomas was brother to Andrew Carnegie). It's amazing how nature has taken over the in such a short time. The wild horses are pretty neat to see, too.
Bring plenty of water (and a good watch!...if you miss the twice-a-day ferry, you're CAMPING!).
[Dustin Strickland, 12/06/2007]
July 31, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Georgia Latest Tips and Stories
- The Iron Horse, Watkinsville, Georgia
- Ray Charles Statue, Albany, Georgia
- Junkman's Daughter - Junk Superstore, Atlanta, Georgia
- Mr. Hobby - Muffler Man, Blue Ridge, Georgia
- Terminus - The Walking Dead, Atlanta, Georgia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Clothespin Grave Marker, Middlesex, Vermont
- Giant Sonic Drink Water Tank, Choctaw, Oklahoma
- Big Walleye, Isle, Minnesota
- Stephen Foster's Horse Jawbone, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Natural Chimneys, Mount Solon, Virginia