St. Marys, Georgia: Carnegie Mansion - Dungeness Ruins
Entropy worthy of a post-Apocalyptic Hollywood film.
Visitor Tips and News About Carnegie Mansion - Dungeness Ruins
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Carnegie Mansion (Dungeness) Ruins
On Cumberland Island, Georgia, are the ruins of the 19th century Thomas Carnegie mansion, Dungeness (Thomas was brother to Andrew Carnegie). It's amazing how nature has taken over the in such a short time. The wild horses are pretty neat to see, too.
Bring plenty of water (and a good watch!...if you miss the twice-a-day ferry, you're CAMPING!).
[Dustin Strickland, 12/06/2007]
February 22, 2017
Georgia Latest Tips and Stories
- Fruitcake Capital of the World, Claxton, Georgia
- Howard Finster's Paradise Garden, Summerville, Georgia
- Terminus - The Walking Dead, Atlanta, Georgia
- Original Brunswick Stew Pot, Brunswick, Georgia
- First Transcontinental Phone Call Monument, Jekyll Island, Georgia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Magic Garden, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Giant Cocktail Imperial Liquor Store, Lexington, Kentucky
- Feature: Sit with Roger Ebert, Champaign, Illinois
- Hawaii's Plantation Village, Waipahu, Hawaii
- House with Skeletons on the Roof, San Diego, California