St. Marys, Georgia: Carnegie Mansion - Dungeness Ruins
Entropy worthy of a post-Apocalyptic Hollywood film.
Visitor Tips and News About Carnegie Mansion - Dungeness Ruins
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Carnegie Mansion (Dungeness) Ruins
On Cumberland Island, Georgia, are the ruins of the 19th century Thomas Carnegie mansion, Dungeness (Thomas was brother to Andrew Carnegie). It's amazing how nature has taken over the in such a short time. The wild horses are pretty neat to see, too.
Bring plenty of water (and a good watch!...if you miss the twice-a-day ferry, you're CAMPING!).
[Dustin Strickland, 12/06/2007]
July 23, 2016
Georgia Latest Tips and Stories
- Little Grand Canyon of Georgia, Lumpkin, Georgia
- Original Chick-fil-A Dwarf House, Hapeville, Georgia
- Chicken Monument and Poultry Capital of the World, Gainesville, Georgia
- Goats on the Roof, Tiger, Georgia
- Expedition: Bigfoot! (Sasquatch Museum), Cherry Log, Georgia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Hermit Hut of Tolstoy Park, Fairhope, Alabama
- Boot monument for civic circus giant, Gibsonton, Florida
- Elephant's Feet, Tonalea, Arizona
- Four Corners USA, Shiprock, New Mexico
- Giant Campbell's Soup Can, Fort Collins, Colorado