St. Marys, Georgia: Carnegie Mansion - Dungeness Ruins
Entropy worthy of a post-Apocalyptic Hollywood film.
Visitor Tips and News About Carnegie Mansion - Dungeness Ruins
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Carnegie Mansion (Dungeness) Ruins
On Cumberland Island, Georgia, are the ruins of the 19th century Thomas Carnegie mansion, Dungeness (Thomas was brother to Andrew Carnegie). It's amazing how nature has taken over the in such a short time. The wild horses are pretty neat to see, too.
Bring plenty of water (and a good watch!...if you miss the twice-a-day ferry, you're CAMPING!).
[Dustin Strickland, 12/06/2007]
November 30, 2015
Georgia Latest Tips and Stories
- Where Forrest Gump Sat - Bench Site, Savannah, Georgia
- World's Only Double-Barreled Cannon, Athens, Georgia
- Miniature Statue of Liberty, McRae, Georgia
- Bud Jones Taxidermy Shop, Tallapoosa, Georgia
- Fish Art Gallery, Tybee Island, Georgia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: George Jones Museum, Nashville, Tennessee
- World's Largest Pheasant, Huron, South Dakota
- Ernest Hemingway Memorial, Sun Valley, Idaho
- Feature: Tonga Room, San Francisco, California
- Failed Hollow Earth Utopia, Estero, Florida