St. Marys, Georgia: Carnegie Mansion - Dungeness Ruins
Entropy worthy of a post-Apocalyptic Hollywood film.
Visitor Tips and News About Carnegie Mansion - Dungeness Ruins
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Carnegie Mansion (Dungeness) Ruins
On Cumberland Island, Georgia, are the ruins of the 19th century Thomas Carnegie mansion, Dungeness (Thomas was brother to Andrew Carnegie). It's amazing how nature has taken over the in such a short time. The wild horses are pretty neat to see, too.
Bring plenty of water (and a good watch!...if you miss the twice-a-day ferry, you're CAMPING!).
[Dustin Strickland, 12/06/2007]
May 1, 2016
Georgia Latest Tips and Stories
- Video: Old Car City USA, White, Georgia
- Feature: Old Car City USA, White, Georgia
- Bush Bug, Bamberg, Georgia
- Doc Holliday's Other Grave, Griffin, Georgia
- Allman Brothers Caged Party Graves, Macon, Georgia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Swiss Cow, Brewster, Ohio
- Clyde's Gun, Spanky's Pants, Dallas, Texas
- Iowa's Largest Muskie, Ventura, Iowa
- Birthplace of Johnny Cash, Kingsland, Arkansas
- Big Orange, Flamingo Groves Gift Shop, Dania Beach, Florida