St. Marys, Georgia: Carnegie Mansion - Dungeness Ruins
Entropy worthy of a post-Apocalyptic Hollywood film.
Visitor Tips and News About Carnegie Mansion - Dungeness Ruins
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Carnegie Mansion (Dungeness) Ruins
On Cumberland Island, Georgia, are the ruins of the 19th century Thomas Carnegie mansion, Dungeness (Thomas was brother to Andrew Carnegie). It's amazing how nature has taken over the in such a short time. The wild horses are pretty neat to see, too.
Bring plenty of water (and a good watch!...if you miss the twice-a-day ferry, you're CAMPING!).
[Dustin Strickland, 12/06/2007]
October 26, 2016
Georgia Latest Tips and Stories
- Tree Spirits of St. Simons Island, St. Simons Island, Georgia
- Crime and Punishment Museum, Ashburn, Georgia
- Tallulah Point: Wire-Walker Photo-Op, Tallulah Falls, Georgia
- 20-Foot-Tall Rabbit, Gainesville, Georgia
- Western Atlantic Railroad Tunnel and Museum, Tunnel Hill, Georgia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: The Garden of Eden, Lucas, Kansas
- Muffler Man - Happy Halfwit, Winslow, New Jersey
- Don Q Inn, Dodgeville, Wisconsin
- Emperor Norton Grave, Colma, California
- Grave of Bob Ford, He Shot Jesse James, Richmond, Missouri