St. Marys, Georgia: Carnegie Mansion - Dungeness Ruins
Entropy worthy of a post-Apocalyptic Hollywood film.
Visitor Tips and News About Carnegie Mansion - Dungeness Ruins
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Carnegie Mansion (Dungeness) Ruins
On Cumberland Island, Georgia, are the ruins of the 19th century Thomas Carnegie mansion, Dungeness (Thomas was brother to Andrew Carnegie). It's amazing how nature has taken over the in such a short time. The wild horses are pretty neat to see, too.
Bring plenty of water (and a good watch!...if you miss the twice-a-day ferry, you're CAMPING!).
[Dustin Strickland, 12/06/2007]
April 27, 2017
Georgia Latest Tips and Stories
- Forrest Gump's Bench, Savannah, Georgia
- Pagan Storyteller: Buckman, Atlanta, Georgia
- Fire Ant Statue, Ashburn, Georgia
- Lovers Oak, Brunswick, Georgia
- Original Brunswick Stew Pot, Brunswick, Georgia
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Cannonball in a Church Wall, Greeneville, Tennessee
- Rowdy the Roadrunner, San Antonio, Texas
- Der Rheinlander German-Themed Restaurant, Portland, Oregon
- Stainless Steel Drowned Lifeguard, Newport Beach, California
- Monk's Cafe from Seinfeld, New York, New York