Manchester, Ohio: Counterfeit House - ClosedBuilt as a place to counterfeit money; featured trick locks, exchange slots, and secret compartments.
- US 52 to Wrightsville. Turn north onto Hwy 247 for about 1.5 miles, then turn west onto Gift Ridge Rd for a little over a mile. Abandoned and unsafe; do not visit.
Visitor Tips and News About Counterfeit House - Closed
The Counterfeit House is run down to the point of no return. The owner, now deceased, was unable to keep the place up. The house was left to her daughter, and she does not have the funds to make repairs. The daughter said to me just this week that they were trying to save enough money to have the place bulldozed in. It is very unsafe. It's such a shame that such a historical place is in such distress. It is said to be haunted by many people, for many years. The owner's family and friends all talk of haunted sightings and of hearing an organ playing sometimes at night. As of now, the house sits cold, empty, and with no future.[melissa taylor, 10/28/2012]
The Counterfeit House was designed and built for the purpose of counterfeiting 50 cent pieces and $500 dollar bills. The house features trick locks, exchange slots and secret compartments.[sweetcountry, 12/03/2007]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- William Lafferty Memorial Funeral and Carriage Collection, West Union, OH - 5 mi.
- Plowing Cairn of Peace, Peebles, OH - 17 mi.
- Serpent Mound, Peebles, OH - 21 mi.
- In the region: Lucky Cat Museum, Cincinnati, OH - 59 mi.