Cedar Rapids, Iowa: Sinclair Dinosaur
Cedar Rapids, Iowa - Sinclair Dinosaur
Visitor Tips and News About Sinclair Dinosaur
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Green fiberglass versions of "Dino," the official Sinclair Oil dinosaur mascot, are turning up at more gas stations and convenience stores serving the Sinclair brand. The addition of the 12-ft. long, 5-ft 10-in. tall statue is voluntary for the businesses, where local signage and zoning laws permit. In Cedar Rapids, five of ten stores owned by the Hawkeye Oil Co. have added them recently. [Thanks to Dan for the tip]
They're not big as far as dinosaur statues go, but it's a convenient photo op while refueling. The statue pictured here by tipster Leah Alex is from one of the many Sinclair-Bosselman Travel Centers along her Route 80 cross-country trip through Iowa in 2007.
An original Sinclair dinosaur can be found along I-80 in Moscow, Iowa, there since the 1970s.
[RoadsideAmerica.com Team, 12/14/2007]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
March 10, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Iowa Latest Tips and Stories
- Alphabet Heads, Des Moines, Iowa
- Auto Thrill Show Memorabilia Museum, LaPorte City, Iowa
- Neon Gas Station Man, Menlo, Iowa
- Arnolds Park Amusement Park, Arnolds Park, Iowa
- Mahaney Memorial Carillon Tower, Jefferson, Iowa
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: The Wooldridge Monuments, Mayfield, Kentucky
- Graffiti Bridge, Pensacola, Florida
- Babe the Muffler Man, San Jose, California
- Olympic Torch Tower, Atlanta, Georgia
- World's Largest Indoor Train Display, West Chester, Ohio
Latest Visitor Tips