Eldred, Illinois: Stag Beer Grain SiloA silo that was hand-painted and designed to resemble a beverage container by a farmer who really loves Stag Beer.
- CR 1090N, Eldred, IL
- Southeast of town. Drive about a mile south of Eldred on Eldred-Hillview Rd, then turn east onto CR 1090N. After climbing the bluff and twisting around for about two miles, you'll come to a pair of large white rocks that mark the gravel road that leads back to the silo.
- Private property. Visible from gravel road.
Visitor Tips and News About Stag Beer Grain Silo
Local men decided to paint an old grain silo to look like the local beer "STAG."[Ron Schneider, 12/18/2007]
Built by farmer John Jilg, who loves Stag Beer. The can is 24 feet tall and would hold 31,342 gallons.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Fin Inn - Dine While Looking at Fish, Grafton, IL - 21 mi.
- Miracle Flood Repelling Virgin Mary, Portage des Sioux, MO - 26 mi.
- The Piasa: Monstrous Mascot, Piasa, IL - 23 mi.
- In the region: Museum of Transportation: Bobby Darin's Car of the Future, St. Louis, MO - 49 mi.