Carterville, Missouri: SuperTAM on 66 - Superman MemorabiliaA little ice cream parlor displays memorabilia from Route 66 and the Man of Steel, whose name because of copyright law cannot be mentioned.
SuperTAM on 66
- 221 W. Main St., Carterville, MO
- West side of downtown, on the south side of Main St./Route 66, just east of Washington St.
- Tu-Su, 4:30-9 pm. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About SuperTAM on 66 - Superman Memorabilia
While attending the quarterly meeting of the Missouri Route 66 Association, we stopped by the "Superman on Rt 66" Ice Cream Parlor and Museum. They had to change the name to "SuperTAM on 66" after pressure from the owners of the Superman trademark. The museum owner has been collecting Superman memorabilia for over 30 years and displays it on every wall plus in several display cases. There is also lots of Route 66 memorabilia on display. We had an ice cream treat while we browsed all the artifacts.[Don, 12/17/2007]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Giant Hands in Prayer, Webb City, MO - 1 mi.
- Precious Moments Park and Chapel, Carthage, MO - 6 mi.
- Marlin Perkins Statue, Carthage, MO - 7 mi.
- In the region: Bluff Dwellers Cavern: Move 20 Ton Rock with 2 Fingers, Noel, MO - 42 mi.