Dallas, Texas: Dealey Plaza
- Elm St., Dallas, TX
- On the western edge of downtown. I-35 exit 428E onto Commerce St., drive east two blocks past the Cenotaph, then turn left onto Market St. Drive two blocks, then turn left onto Elm St. Drive two blocks, cross Houston St, and continue straight on Elm to the parking lot behind the former Texas School Book Depository. From there it's an easy walk to The Sixth Floor and Dealey Plaza.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
The plaza has been preserved as it was in November 1963 -- in the cross-hairs of history. X marks the spot, literally. Roadsideamerica.com Report...
Visitor Tips and News About Dealey Plaza
Free! And good view from outside. Tree in front only went to second story when the location made history, now it partially blocks a good view of the sixth story window from the square.[Masten Williams, 06/30/2011]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- The Sixth Floor, Dallas, TX - < 1 mi.
- Kennedy Assassination Cenotaph, Dallas, TX - < 1 mi.
- Giant Wordless Murals, Dallas, TX - < 1 mi.
- Grave of Abraham Zapruder: He Filmed JFK's Assassination, Dallas, TX - 2 mi.