Mount Airy, North Carolina: Sleep in Andy Griffith's Boyhood Home
Maybe some of Andy's down-home level-headedness will seep into you while you sleep.
Andy Griffith's Home Place
- 711 E. Haymore St., Mount Airy, NC
- Andy Griffith's Home Place. Take the US 52 bypass/Andy Griffith Pkwy to Rockford St./US 601. Turn north into town. Drive four blocks and turn right onto E. Haymore. The house is on the right.
Sleep in Andy Griffith's Boyhood Home
Visitor Tips and News About Sleep in Andy Griffith's Boyhood Home
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
In the summer of 2006, my family stayed at the boyhood home of Andy Griffith in Mt Airy, North Carolina. This is where he grew up before he went on to Hollywood and became the sheriff of the fictional Mayberry, which is based on Mt Airy.
Mt. Airy has turned itself into Mayberry. Eat at the Snappy Lunch, visit the Courthouse, Floyd's Barbershop, Gomer/Goober's Gas Station and Emmit's Fixit Shop.
You can rent the house by the night through the local Hampton Inn.
[Tina Gibson, 01/19/2008]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
May 25, 2013
North Carolina Latest Tips and Stories
- White Deer, Famous Albino, Garner, North Carolina
- Metalmorphosis - Giant Head, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Mimi's Dairy-O Pizza Man, Rutherfordton, North Carolina
- Big Mercury Cougar, Zebulon, North Carolina
- Ava Gardner Museum, Smithfield, North Carolina
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Mountain Meadows Massacre Mass Grave, Central, Utah
- Replica of Thomas Jefferson's Monticello, Monticello, Indiana
- The Miner's Circle - Mine Explosion Graves, Lake City, Tennessee
- Buffalo Trails Museum, Epping, North Dakota
- Ice Cream Cone Shaped Building, Kissimmee, Florida
Latest Visitor Tips