Irma, Wisconsin: Scrap Metal Motorcycle, War Hero MuseumA motorcycle made of junk auto parts by Charles Lee Hamilton Jr, who has created sculptures and a museum in an old church to honor his fellow war veterans.
- N6601 Old Hwy 51, Irma, WI
- WI Hwy 51 to Irma WI (between Merrill and Tomahawk), turn west on County Road J and take an immediate right (north), go to the end of the street (3 blocks).
- Museum: When Charles is there. (Call to verify)
Visitor Tips and News About Scrap Metal Motorcycle, War Hero Museum
We confirmed with the owner (Charles Lee Hamilton Jr) that the Packers Car Part Giant has been dismantled. He has many other sculptures on his property, which is known as Ft. Hamilton. He is a gracious host who took us on a tour of his studio as well as the military chapel.
He has another sculpture on site well worth listing as a roadside attraction - a motorcycle honoring veterans made from scrap metal, shovels and many other metal objects.[Jane Holm, 09/12/2011]
It is actually in the town of Irma, not Tomahawk. The location is called "Fort Hamilton." I stopped in today and talked to the owner, a man named Charles, and he gave me a tour of the place.
There is a small chapel up on the hill that is now the "Chapel of Military Hero[e]s." It is a small collection of donated items from WWII to the present day and it is actually quite nicely done. Charles is a metal artist and has several items for sale, but also seemed happy to just talk and explain the place.[Henry Lange, 05/06/2010]
This "Green Bay Packers" man is made of junk parts and he was found on Highway 51 South of Tomahawk, WI in Lincoln County. We were in a real hurry to get back to Rothschild, WI for a banquet so I was only able to jump out of the car along the highway and snap this photo. I had to wait for that woman to get out the way of it. It is about 10 feet tall and is on the west side of the Highway.[Mark Comstock, 01/30/2008]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Big Bull Moose, Tomahawk, WI - 6 mi.
- Chicken Holding Burger, Beer, Merrill, WI - 16 mi.
- Boy and the Boot Statue, Wausau, WI - 27 mi.
- Exact Center of the Northern Half of the Western Hemisphere, Poniatowski, WI - 29 mi.