Jamestown, California: Tiny Jail
A historic jail portable enough that it was recaptured from a tourist attraction and returned to its original location.
- Main St., Jamestown, CA
- Hwy 49/108 to Jamestown, exit onto Main Street. The Jail is on the west side of Main Street, in Rocca Park.
Beloved Jail Comes Home
Visitor Tips and News About Tiny Jail
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Back in 1897, the California gold rush community of Jamestown had a tiny jail to hold lawbreakers until they could be shipped to a bigger jail in the town next door. The jail was so small that it was eventually bought and trucked 60 miles west to be a part of "Pollardville," a Wild West attraction that also had what it claimed was the World's Smallest Post Office (taken from another California town).
... [02/11/2008] Complete News Story
July 27, 2016
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Ship Ashore - Little Museum (Closed), Smith River, California
- Screamin' Tub Mannequin, Shasta Lake, California
- Museum of Jurassic Technology, Culver City, California
- Clifton's Brookdale Cafeteria, Los Angeles, California
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum, San Diego, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Big Dragon Statue, Caryville, Tennessee
- Dinosaur World, Glen Rose, Texas
- Giant metal spur, Hico, Texas
- Crazy Yard, Sinking Cadillac, Cudahy, Wisconsin
- Dr Pepper Museum, Dublin, Texas