Jamestown, California: Tiny Jail
A historic jail portable enough that it was recaptured from a tourist attraction and returned to its original location.
- Main St., Jamestown, CA
- Hwy 49/108 to Jamestown, exit onto Main Street. The Jail is on the west side of Main Street, in Rocca Park.
Beloved Jail Comes Home
Visitor Tips and News About Tiny Jail
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Back in 1897, the California gold rush community of Jamestown had a tiny jail to hold lawbreakers until they could be shipped to a bigger jail in the town next door. The jail was so small that it was eventually bought and trucked 60 miles west to be a part of "Pollardville," a Wild West attraction that also had what it claimed was the Worlds Smallest Post Office (taken from another California town).
... [02/11/2008] Complete News Story
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 17, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Champions For Humanity: Mount Rushmore of California, Oakland, California
- Swamis - Self Realization Fellowship, Encinitas, California
- Wigwam Motel, Rialto, California
- Big Mike the Muffler Man, Hayward, California
- Muffler Man - Weaponized Bunyan, Hayward, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Bible Mini-Golf, Lexington, Kentucky
- Statue of Pegasus, Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- Large Floating Rubber Duck, Jacksonville, Florida
- Kermit the Frog and Jim Henson Statue, College Park, Maryland
- Horse Auto Parts Sculpture, Springerville, Arizona
Latest Visitor Tips