Jamestown, California: Tiny Jail
A historic jail portable enough that it was recaptured from a tourist attraction and returned to its original location.
- Main St., Jamestown, CA
- Hwy 49/108 to Jamestown, exit onto Main Street. The Jail is on the west side of Main Street, in Rocca Park.
Beloved Jail Comes Home
Visitor Tips and News About Tiny Jail
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Back in 1897, the California gold rush community of Jamestown had a tiny jail to hold lawbreakers until they could be shipped to a bigger jail in the town next door. The jail was so small that it was eventually bought and trucked 60 miles west to be a part of "Pollardville," a Wild West attraction that also had what it claimed was the World's Smallest Post Office (taken from another California town).
... [02/11/2008] Complete News Story
August 3, 2015
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Colonel Allensworth State Historic Park, Earlimart, California
- Cayuga Park Folk Art, San Francisco, California
- Wooden Statue of Liberty, Oakhurst, California
- Michael Myers' House from Halloween, South Pasadena, California
- Beauty Bubble Hair and Beauty Museum and Salon, Twentynine Palms, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: World's Largest Ball of Paint, Alexandria, Indiana
- Big Shoe, New Castle, Indiana
- Rambo First Blood Film Site, Hope, British Columbia
- World's Former Largest Cherry Pie Pan, Charlevoix, Michigan
- The Burning House, Leggett, Texas