Jamestown, California: Tiny Jail
A historic jail portable enough that it was recaptured from a tourist attraction and returned to its original location.
- Main St., Jamestown, CA
- Hwy 49/108 to Jamestown, exit onto Main Street. The Jail is on the west side of Main Street, in Rocca Park.
Beloved Jail Comes Home
Visitor Tips and News About Tiny Jail
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Back in 1897, the California gold rush community of Jamestown had a tiny jail to hold lawbreakers until they could be shipped to a bigger jail in the town next door. The jail was so small that it was eventually bought and trucked 60 miles west to be a part of "Pollardville," a Wild West attraction that also had what it claimed was the World's Smallest Post Office (taken from another California town).
... [02/11/2008] Complete News Story
April 29, 2016
California Latest Tips and Stories
- Hanged Dummy at Hangman's Tree, Placerville, California
- Memorial to America's Worst School Bus Accident, Martinez, California
- Wind Organ and Sonic Sculptures, San Mateo, California
- Building Shaped Like a Whiskey Barrel, North Hollywood, California
- Chew Mail Pouch Tobacco Barn, Merced, California
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Video: Old Car City USA, White, Georgia
- Feature: Old Car City USA, White, Georgia
- 12-Foot-Tall Man Stares at Skyscrapers, New York, New York
- Route 66 Musical Road, Tijeras, New Mexico
- Old Mill Park - Concrete Wood, North Little Rock, Arkansas