Dunlap, Iowa: Big Dalmation and Girl holding Teddy BearA 16-foot-tall painted plywood sign created by artist John Cerney in 1999, placed at the edge of a cornfield.
- US Hwy 30, Dunlap, IA
- On the east side of US Hwy 30, three miles south of downtown Dunlap or seven miles north of downtown Woodbine.
Visitor Tips and News About Big Dalmation and Girl holding Teddy Bear
This large piece of roadside art which can be found (and not missed) if you travel Highway 30 from Woodbine, IA to Dunlap, IA. It is a 16 foot tall painted plywood sign created by John Cerney in 1999. It was placed in a cornfield as a visual oddity for drivers.
From John's website: "John Cerney is a Salinas, California native whose artwork can best be described as 'giant cut-out art,' ordinarily viewed from the comfort of your automobile."[Cheri Morris, 02/16/2008]
John is the artist behind "Big Baby with Tractors" in Goodyear, AZ, among other giant cutouts.
Nearby Offbeat Places
- Museum of Religious Arts, King of Kings Wax Collection, Logan, IA - 17 mi.
- Big Bull Statue, Denison, IA - 20 mi.
- Farmall-Land USA, Avoca, IA - 27 mi.
- Gypsy Ride: Big Motorcycle, Whiting, IA - 34 mi.