Houston, Texas: Waugh Bridge Bat Colony
Lots of bats roost under the bridge and take leathery wing as night falls.
- Waugh Dr., Houston, TX
- From I-10 westbound, take exit 766 and turn left (south) onto Heights Blvd. This changes into Waugh Drive as it crosses the Bridge over the creek, just before the America Tower at Allen Pkwy. Best viewing is from the Bridge or the north bank of the creek. Don't stand under the bridge; it upsets the bats.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Visitor Tips and News About Waugh Bridge Bat Colony
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Waugh Bridge Bat Colony
Standing on Waugh Bridge at Allen Parkway watching the Mexican free-tailed bats. They live there all year long!
[chris cornwell, 02/14/2008]
December 6, 2016
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Big Mailbox, Dime Box, Texas
- Buddy Holly's Grave, Lubbock, Texas
- Route 66 Midpoint, Adrian, Texas
- Mural: "Hi, How Are You?", Austin, Texas
- Buddy Holly Museum and Giant Glasses Photo Op, Lubbock, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Samurai Sword of Pilot Who Bombed Oregon, Brookings, Oregon
- Hole N' The Rock And The Stuffed Donkey, Moab, Utah
- Goblin Valley - Galaxy Quest Planet And Fun Photo Op, Green River, Utah
- Kelly's Muffler Car, Paradise, California
- Giraffe Bursts Through Roof, Aurora, Illinois