Houston, Texas: Waugh Bridge Bat Colony
Lots of bats roost under the bridge and take leathery wing as night falls.
- Waugh Dr., Houston, TX
- From I-10 westbound, take exit 766 and turn left (south) onto Heights Blvd. This changes into Waugh Drive as it crosses the Bridge over the creek, just before the America Tower at Allen Pkwy. Best viewing is from the Bridge or the north bank of the creek. Don't stand under the bridge; it upsets the bats.
- RA Rates:
- Worth a Detour
Waugh Bridge Bat Colony
Visitor Tips and News About Waugh Bridge Bat Colony
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Standing on Waugh Bridge at Allen Parkway watching the Mexican free-tailed bats. They live there all year long!
[chris cornwell, 02/14/2008]
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 19, 2014
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Giant Hard Hat, Big Spring, Texas
- Restored Sinclair Gas Station, Albany, Texas
- World's Largest Wheelbarrow, Graham, Texas
- Big Swordfish and Seahorse, Greenville, Texas
- Missile Water Tower, Seminole, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips