Big Bend National Park, Texas: Dog Canyon Tiki Head
Big Bend National Park, Texas - Dog Canyon Tiki Head
Visitor Tips and News About Dog Canyon Tiki Head
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Last Christmas Break, two buddies and I went to Big Bend National Park, and hiked Dog Canyon the first day we were there. After falling on our rears a couple of times, we finally got inside the canyon. I looked up and saw a gigantic Tiki God, which I call "Bob", staring at me. It ran most of the height of the canyon wall and was hilarious.
For the best chance of seeing Bob the Tiki God, you should probably try to get inside the canyon an hour or two before sundown. Bob is located about halfway down the left side of the canyon wall.
[James Garen, 03/12/2008]
Dog Canyon Tiki Head:
Address: Big Bend National Park, TX
Directions: It is inside Big Bend National Park on the Dog Canyon hiking trail.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
July 30, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Monster Mini Golf, San Antonio, Texas
- World's Largest Urban Bat Colony, Austin, Texas
- Giant Coors Light Can, Longview, Texas
- World's Largest Virgin Mary Mosaic, San Antonio, Texas
- Cadillac Ranch, Amarillo, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Comic Rockstars Toilet Seat Museum, San Francisco, California
- Backyard Golden Gate Bridge Replica, Mulvane, Kansas
- Future Birthplace of James T. Kirk, Riverside, Iowa
- Feature: Mardi Gras World, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Al's Oasis - Big Buffalo, Oacoma, South Dakota
Latest Visitor Tips