Big Bend National Park, Texas: Dog Canyon Tiki Head
Visitor Tips and News About Dog Canyon Tiki Head
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Big Bend National Park, Texas - Dog Canyon Tiki Head
Last Christmas Break, two buddies and I went to Big Bend National Park, and hiked Dog Canyon the first day we were there. After falling on our rears a couple of times, we finally got inside the canyon. I looked up and saw a gigantic Tiki God, which I call "Bob", staring at me. It ran most of the height of the canyon wall and was hilarious.
For the best chance of seeing Bob the Tiki God, you should probably try to get inside the canyon an hour or two before sundown. Bob is located about halfway down the left side of the canyon wall.
[James Garen, 03/12/2008]
Dog Canyon Tiki Head:
- It is inside Big Bend National Park on the Dog Canyon hiking trail.
November 29, 2015
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Texas Latest Tips and Stories
- Cadillac Ranch, Amarillo, Texas
- Huntington Sculpture Garden, Coupland, Texas
- Oscar Monnig's Meteorites, Fort Worth, Texas
- Only Conch Shell Wall in the U.S., Port Arthur, Texas
- Giant Home-Made Alligator, Beaumont, Texas
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Our Lady of Shoes, San Diego, California
- Feature: Death Site of Mexican Robin Hood, Coalinga, California
- Jake and Elwood Blues Brothers, Rock Island, Illinois
- Chocolate Fountain, Gummy Innovation, Merrillville, Indiana
- Restored Mobil Gas Station, Plymouth, Indiana