Storm Lake, Iowa: Landlocked Lighthouse
A large non-operating lighthouse marks the entrance to this community. We appreciate all towns that take their name association to an extreme.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Landlocked Lighthouse
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Lighthouse for tractors stuck in the corn field. Neat. [Andy, 06/26/2016]
Storm Lake Lighthouse
The last thing you expect to see in Iowa is a lighthouse -- and there is no lake in sight at this one. Just corn and soybean fields.
Turns out there is a lake nearby, one of the few lakes in Iowa, but the sight of a landlocked lighthouse makes a great picture. [Bill Diesslin, 04/09/2008]
June 29, 2016
Iowa Latest Tips and Stories
- Landlocked Lighthouse, Storm Lake, Iowa
- Freedom Rock, Diagonal, Iowa
- Family Grave Bed, Des Moines, Iowa
- Buddy Holly Crash Site, Clear Lake, Iowa
- Feature: Snake Alley - A Very Crooked Street, Burlington, Iowa
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Union School: One School for Two States, College Corner, Ohio
- World's Tallest Indian, Skowhegan, Maine
- Toy and Action Figure Museum, Pauls Valley, Oklahoma
- Doofy Johnny Appleseed Statue, New Market, Virginia
- Birthplace of Walmart, Bentonville, Arkansas