Storm Lake, Iowa: Landlocked Lighthouse
A large non-operating lighthouse marks the entrance to this community. We appreciate all towns that take their name association to an extreme.
Visitor Tips and News About Landlocked Lighthouse
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Storm Lake Lighthouse
The last thing you expect to see in Iowa is a lighthouse -- and there is no lake in sight at this one. Just corn and soybean fields.
Turns out there is a lake nearby, one of the few lakes in Iowa, but the sight of a landlocked lighthouse makes a great picture. [Bill Diesslin, 04/09/2008]
February 9, 2016
Iowa Latest Tips and Stories
- Hawkeye Buffalo Ranch, Fredericksburg, Iowa
- Feature: Surf Ballroom: Buddy Holly's Last Gig, Clear Lake, Iowa
- Feature: Buddy Holly Crash Site, Clear Lake, Iowa
- Abe Lincoln Saves a Bridge, Davenport, Iowa
- Feature: Matchstick Marvels Museum, Gladbrook, Iowa
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Bandy's Troll Haven, Sequim, Washington
- Amelia Earhart Statue, Los Angeles, California
- Hitler's Car, Costa Mesa, California
- Bunnyhenge, Newport Beach, California
- Creek County Frog Rock, Mannford, Oklahoma