Storm Lake, Iowa: Landlocked Lighthouse
A large non-operating lighthouse marks the entrance to this community. We appreciate all towns that take their name association to an extreme.
Visitor Tips and News About Landlocked Lighthouse
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Storm Lake Lighthouse
The last thing you expect to see in Iowa is a lighthouse -- and there is no lake in sight at this one. Just corn and soybean fields.
Turns out there is a lake nearby, one of the few lakes in Iowa, but the sight of a landlocked lighthouse makes a great picture. [Bill Diesslin, 04/09/2008]
May 23, 2015
Iowa Latest Tips and Stories
- Tiny Church: Guardian Angel Roadside Chapel, Clear Lake, Iowa
- Large Chicken, Ice Cream Cone, Clear Lake, Iowa
- Golden Dome of Pure Knowledge, Fairfield, Iowa
- The Sitting Man, Iowa City, Iowa
- The Black Angel, Iowa City, Iowa
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Fire Dancers of Polynesia, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Traffic Circle Dinosaur, Fruita, Colorado
- Mike the Headless Chicken, Fruita, Colorado
- License Plate Trout, Palisade, Colorado
- Largest Plunger and Toilet, New Bern, North Carolina