Storm Lake, Iowa: Landlocked Lighthouse
A large non-operating lighthouse marks the entrance to this community. We appreciate all towns that take their name association to an extreme.
Results 1 to 2 of 2...
Visitor Tips and News About Landlocked Lighthouse
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
Lighthouse for tractors stuck in the corn field. Neat. [Andy, 06/26/2016]
Storm Lake Lighthouse
The last thing you expect to see in Iowa is a lighthouse -- and there is no lake in sight at this one. Just corn and soybean fields.
Turns out there is a lake nearby, one of the few lakes in Iowa, but the sight of a landlocked lighthouse makes a great picture. [Bill Diesslin, 04/09/2008]
March 24, 2017
Iowa Latest Tips and Stories
- Elephant Statue, Leon, Iowa
- Death Spot of Booze-Hating Churchman (Moved), Sioux City, Iowa
- Tower of Grain Wagons, Williamsburg, Iowa
- Feature: Squirrel Cage Jail, Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Black Squirrel Town, Kingsley, Iowa
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Camas Prairie Railroad Bridges, Craigmont, Idaho
- Mac the Moose, World's Largest, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
- Feature: Museum of Physical Security, Nicholasville, Kentucky
- World's Largest Hockey Stick and Puck, Duncan, British Columbia
- Manis Mastodon, Sequim, Washington