Park Rapids, Minnesota: Large Landlocked Loon
On dry land, but it looks as if it was once designed to float, a decoy for giant loons.
Park Rapids Chamber of Commerce
- 1204 Park Ave. S., Park Rapids, MN
- Park Rapids Chamber of Commerce. South edge of town, on the east side of US Hwy 71/Park Ave. S., between Industrial Rd and 8th St. E. Look for lots of flying American flags; the loon is nestled beneath them.
Visitor Tips and News About Large Landlocked Loon
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
There is a large loon statue, complete with baby loon on its back, at the visitor's center on the edge of town.
[Holly Diestler, 04/30/2008]
Nearby Offbeat Places
- St. Urho, Grasshopper Chaser, Menahga, MN - 11 mi.
- Heart of Minnesota Emu Ranch Tours, Nevis, MN - 9 mi.
- Emmaville Store, Population 4, Emmaville, MN - 11 mi.
- In the region: Tractor Sculpture, Other Scrap Art, New York Mills, MN - 30 mi.
Latest Tips Across Roadside America
Catch up on the latest discoveries from the road.
Explore Thousands of Oddball Tourist Attractions!
Unique destinations in the US and Canada are our special obsession. Start here.
Use RoadsideAmerica.com's Attraction Maps to plan your next road trip.
April 16, 2014
Create and Save Your Own Crazy Road Trip!
Try My Sights
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Antique Windmills of Earth, Jasper, Minnesota
- Mr. Jimmy's Bench, Excelsior, Minnesota
- Fairchild the State Fair Gopher, Falcon Heights, Minnesota
- Large Walleye, Garrison, Minnesota
- Smiley Face Water Tower, Waite Park, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Bible Mini-Golf, Lexington, Kentucky
- Champions For Humanity: Mount Rushmore of California, Oakland, California
- Statue of Pegasus, Jacksonville Beach, Florida
- Large Floating Rubber Duck, Jacksonville, Florida
- Swamis - Self Realization Fellowship, Encinitas, California
Latest Visitor Tips