Park Rapids, Minnesota: Large Landlocked Loon
On dry land, but it looks as if it was once designed to float, a decoy for giant loons.
Park Rapids Chamber of Commerce
- 1204 Park Ave. S., Park Rapids, MN
- Park Rapids Chamber of Commerce. South edge of town, on the east side of US Hwy 71/Park Ave. S., between Industrial Rd and 8th St. E. Look for lots of flying American flags; the loon is nestled beneath them.
Visitor Tips and News About Large Landlocked Loon
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
There is a large loon statue, complete with baby loon on its back, at the visitor's center on the edge of town.
[Holly Diestler, 04/30/2008]
May 29, 2015
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- World's Largest "Booming" Prairie Chicken, Rothsay, Minnesota
- Mary Tyler Moore Statue, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Big Bison and Mouse with Cheese, Center City, Minnesota
- Nose Diving Limo, West Union, Minnesota
- Abandoned Insane Asylum, Fergus Falls, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Hay Bale Dress Up, Berryville, Virginia
- 36-Foot-Tall Statues Of The Beatles, Houston, Texas
- Giant Chair, Berryville, Virginia
- Renaissance-Lover's Castle, Arrington, Tennessee
- Carmen Miranda Zebra, Austin, Texas