Park Rapids, Minnesota: Large Landlocked Loon
On dry land, but it looks as if it was once designed to float, a decoy for giant loons.
Park Rapids Chamber of Commerce
- 1204 Park Ave. S., Park Rapids, MN
- Park Rapids Chamber of Commerce. South edge of town, on the east side of US Hwy 71/Park Ave. S., between Industrial Rd and 8th St. E. Look for lots of flying American flags; the loon is nestled beneath them.
Visitor Tips and News About Large Landlocked Loon
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
There is a large loon statue, complete with baby loon on its back, at the visitor's center on the edge of town.
[Holly Diestler, 04/30/2008]
June 30, 2015
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Carved Wooden Farmer, Chatfield, Minnesota
- The Naniboujou Painted Lodge, Grand Marais, Minnesota
- Dala Horse, Mora, Minnesota
- World's Largest Floating Loon, Virginia, Minnesota
- Pizza Sphinx, Pequot Lakes, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Feature: Titanic: World's Largest Museum Attraction, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
- Lopsided Pink Dog, Memphis, Tennessee
- Welcome Alien Statue, Roswell, New Mexico
- Art Tigers, Memphis, Tennessee
- Hubbard Tower, Montpelier, Vermont