Park Rapids, Minnesota: Large Landlocked Loon
On dry land, but it looks as if it was once designed to float, a decoy for giant loons.
Park Rapids Chamber of Commerce
- 1204 Park Ave. S., Park Rapids, MN
- Park Rapids Chamber of Commerce. South edge of town, on the east side of US Hwy 71/Park Ave. S., between Industrial Rd and 8th St. E. Look for lots of flying American flags; the loon is nestled beneath them.
Visitor Tips and News About Large Landlocked Loon
Reports and tips from RoadsideAmerica.com visitors and Roadside America mobile tipsters. Some tips may not be verified. Submit your own tip.
There is a large loon statue, complete with baby loon on its back, at the visitor's center on the edge of town.
[Holly Diestler, 04/30/2008]
August 1, 2015
Minnesota Latest Tips and Stories
- Steven Seagull - Polite Knocker, Duluth, Minnesota
- Big Walleye, Isle, Minnesota
- Big Walleye, Clarks Grove, Minnesota
- Schell Brewery, New Ulm, Minnesota
- Babe The Green Recycling Ox, Pine River, Minnesota
Latest Visitor Tips
USA and Canada Tips and Stories
- Grafton Ghost Town and Cemetery, Rockville, Utah
- Solar World War I Monument, Anthem, Arizona
- Massive Tidal Flows, Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- Big Bull on Wheels, Clearwater, Montana
- Tallest Totem Pole East of the Rockies, Abingdon, Illinois